Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #1471 
TiffanyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieL View Post
I've had my petco baby for about 9 weeks now, and he's been confirmed male for quite some time, but I can still see a false egg spot...sneaky sneaky.
My little guy has one too - which is why I struggled for so long to firmly decide if he was a boy or not. After his first tiny little bubble nest though I had no doubts, and now that his fins are growing in better and he's built a nice big bubble nest I'm absolutely sure he's a boy :)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #1472 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

As has been stated before, egg spots are no way of telling male or female apart unfortunately. In fact my year old male; Jarvis, still has his egg spot, it's smaller than most females but definitely visible!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #1473 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz32 View Post
Oh the poor little thing! I'm so glad you brought it home Viva!
I know, she looked so sad in there :( The other babies looked to be in pretty good health besides the one that had already lost the battle of survival in those little cups Sadly I think most little bettas starve to death because they are not fed the proper food...many of the smaller bettas I've gotten didn't eat pellets yet and would only eat frozen foods which I'm sure they don't feed the betta at the pet stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
It makes me really happy when people save a betta instead of just buying one.
people like you are awesome Viva
Thank you! I am a sucker for sick, starving bettas now though that I have some extra tanks and meds. It's kinda bad. I also picked up a bloated female CT while there =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
She looks extremely sick Viva! Glad to know she's eating. She will be super gorgeous once she gets better. She'll definitely enjoy swimming around with the other pretty ladies! would she be the first DT in your sorority?
Thanks Mar! Yes she would be the first lady DT in the sorority, which also made me NOT able to leave her there. If it turns out to be a male I would be happy too, I have yet to get a male baby betta.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #1474 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Thank you! I am a sucker for sick, starving bettas now though that I have some extra tanks and meds. It's kinda bad. I also picked up a bloated female CT while there =/.
Yeah, me too. The hardest thing is seeing the look they give you........
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #1475 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Uggg, I get that look even with healthy Betta's and it's so hard to resist!!! I was talking with the owner of my LFS and lol it was so funny because he got some new fish in and he was talking about that look too and how he can never resist and that's why he now owns a fish store XD haha and he's like "well if they don't sell, at least I get to look at the pretty fishies" haha, too funny!!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #1476 
PetMania

Why did they have to be so cute? i was going to get this big, black and white betta. I would have called him cookies n cream.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #1477 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ohh that's soo cute PetMania!!!

Yeah I was going to get this beautiful blue turquoise DTDS that had white butterfly pattern and a white head, he was so cute and he gave me those darn eyes! If I wasn't downgrading already...I would have bought him! But alas, no space is available
Old 07-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #1478 
TiffanyP

And that's how I acquired both Alaric and Gaston haha 'the look'

My boss is going to think I'm crazy if I keep acquiring new fish :)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #1479 
freeflow246

I might try to give one of those baby bettas a try. My Petco always has about two or three on the shelves, and surprisingly they seem pretty lively and colorful. Teeny tiny things though. I'm sure taking care of them is different than caring for adults. Any advice on what to feed? Should I keep them in a 1gal or 2 gal? How often should I change the water?
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #1480 
miscanon

I fed Speck two crushed pellets three times a day until s/he was big enough to eat the smallest of pellets.
miscanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta