Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #91 
LittleDeer

So...funny story. I just looked in Gylfie's tank and she made a little bubble nest and it has a bunch of little eggs in it. Its such a cute little nest. But there are definitely eggs in it, so she definitely was eggy, haha. She's definitely slimmer now too. Just thought you'd like to know :)
LittleDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #92 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Awwwww!!!!! that's so cute!!!! My new girl had dropped eggs and that was the first time I'd seen them, absolutely cute little things!! But of course with the water change, the eggs had to be thrown out too but that's adorable Gylfie made an nest!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #93 
LittleDeer

She did! I'm so proud of her, she did such a good job. She even seems to be protecting them. She gets all huffy when I get up close and look at them. I think she dropped a few more too. the nest looked bigger this morning and there seems to be a little more eggs in it. I think she may still have some more in her belly too. Its too bad I don't have the time or resources to raise a spawn. I feel so bad that she got all excited and laid eggs but none will hatch. And babies are so cute and tiny. Oh well. Maybe someday. Someday when I have lots of space and lots of money and lots of time and places to send the babies where they will be taken care of properly.

Also, I feel like every time I do a water change for Ramses, the next day his bubble nest is even bigger than it was before. He's like a little construction worker. Always at work.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #94 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol, too cute! Yeah it is sad thinking the'll never hatch though I was sad about that when Asteroth dropped her eggs too. But one day, one day we'll breed! And we'll have amazing fishies!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #95 
dramaqueen
Banned

Some females will build a nest and put their eggs in it and guard it. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #96 
LittleDeer

Haven't been on here in a while. Just thought I would pop on and let you all know the Bettas are all doing very well. Though Ramses seems very calm and introverted compared to the rest of them. He's very hesitant to take food from me sometimes. He is very sweet but I'm not sure why he's so shy. I guess that's just his personality.

Oh and my cute little moss balls came in the mail finally :) so I'm gonna pop those in the tanks tomorrow (I'm in bed at the moment).

But yeah, figured I would give a bit of an update.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #97 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol yes I like updates ^_^

Yay moss balls! Mine have grown a little bit since I got them so that's nice but they do take forever and a day to grow!

I usually find that it takes almost a whole month and sometimes two depending on the fish to fully be acquainted with me and my fingers mean food. They'll settle in just fine after the first few day's up to a week but it takes them a little bit longer to get used to me myself, so that might be something he's experiencing is all. In time he will get used to you