Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #1 
Stellafish

White spot underneath fish

I am new to this forum, maybe someone can answer this for me! I have had my little betta boy for about a month now and he is doing great. He's a red veil tale male I believe, he is in a 5 gallon tank with a gentle (weak haha) filter and a small heater. He's very active, patrols around his tank a lot of the time, hides under his bridge sometime. He is a total pig and eats like a machine... he normally gets flakes twice a day and every few days I'll mix it up with some bloodworms. He'll even grab them out of my fingers if I find one long enough to hold in there! I thought he might have some fin rot when I got him, since it looks like his fins are missing a few bits, but nothing has progressed; his fins look fine. He seems pretty healthy.

So, my problem: I was out of town for a few days and got back this afternoon, and I noticed that the area between the bottom of his gills and his "pelvic or ventral fin" (according to google) has turned white. Like, on his underneath. I can't for the love of me find my camera cord so here is a picture I took last week; I drew a circle where the white area is. Any ideas what this could be? As I understand it Ich is tiny white dots, which he doesn't have... maybe a fungus of some sort? It doesn't look like anything is growing on him, though, just that he has turned white there. And he is still feeling good. If I can ever find my camera cord I will try to post a pic of it, but I attached a pic of him (sorry it is not better quality!). I've never done this before so sorry if the attachment doesn't work!

Any advice/info appreciated!
Attached Images

Stellafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

He looks like he's a little boated, but I don't know what the white dot could be. Hopefully someone else can help you out with that.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #3 
ChristinaRoss

ick looks like salt sprinkles, but, i cant really tell from the pic
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote