Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #1 
Ilikebutterflies

Anybody have this camera?

Fugi FinePix S4300
I need a new camera. I want a good macro camera without breaking the bank for good fish pics.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fujifilm...2211&cp=1&lp=1
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I had a fuji. Actually, two. Both took bad pics... One was a cheapy, one was mid-ranged. The pics turned out grainy or fuzzy, something moves and it can't handle it. (So not a fan of Fuji)

My camera cost (when it came out) 279.00. Might be able to find one close to it, cheaper, or even that camera itself cheaper. Powershot sx240 HS is what I have... I work at Staples and we sell cameras lol. We always found... Kodak (no longer in business) is a point and shoot, Fuji a step up from point and shoot, Canon sells faster without complaints or returns...
Nikon is better used by people who grew up with it but it CAN take great pics if you know how to use it. That is Canon's competition. Always has been!

Cameras I have seen that are pretty good (Canon), range from 150.00 (clearance usually) to 600.00. IDK what your bank's breaking point is!

But also note, the SD card makes a difference. I compared my cheap 10.00 kingston card up against an 80.00 Kingston card. One is "Ultra" (mine is 16GB so the 8GB here is 40.00) class 1... Basically it can handle pictures and videos better than the cheapies.

Anyone who replies should tell you what THEY have ;) I'll post a pic of an example of my camera's quality... (Friend has a Rebel and it is comparable to his camera)

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 07-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #3 
Sena Hansler

Just a couple examples... The first one of my dumbo (I have the picture as an 8x10 portrait framed on my wall!) shows how it pulls color, and despite his long fins, it made the movement more soft, almost feathery.

Second one is of a baby fish from one of my most successful spawns. It pulled the scales, the face, everything into account from the "bird's eye view" point.

Lastly is a little female from the same spawn, it went passed curved glass (jar), and still captured the little fishy. The lense itself was probably a centimeter and a half away from the glass. Which is awesome just for close ups. Literally, close up

A lot of the powershots are amazing, even the mock Rebels (look like smaller versions without interchangeable lenses) give you the professional look and feel, while maintaining a compact form.
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #4 
jag14

I actually have 2 Kodak superzooms, the 981 and 990. I like the 26 and 30x zoom on them. Don't get a lot of chance to play with them like I used to. Now I am seeing smaller Nikons and such that have the same long zoom. I paid 279.00 for each of my Kodaks when they were new. I can get good results with about any point and shoot if it has a macro mode. I've been meaning to transfer photos from my Kodak to a flash and start uploading. They look much better than my camera phone. BTW, I've been shooting since I was about 5. Guess it's been about 40 years. Started with 110's, an Yashica rangefinder camera, and then mostly Pentax till I went digital. I can still shoot both, have 2 complete 35 mm cameras that work.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #5 
Riverotter

I have that camera.

On the one hand, I DO like it and it is capable of taking some awesome shots. It has a setting where you press the shutter once and it takes 3 rapid fire pics that is very useful.

On the other hand, I wish it was more like a SLR. You have to go through menu options to change all sorts of things which irritates me. If you're going to get it be prepared to spend the time watching the instructional DVD and reading the manual, or you will be very frustrated.

All in all, I think it's easily the best camera in it's price range, but if I had a little more to spend, I'd have gotten a Cannon.
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote