Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #21 
Puremuttz

Thank you. I found him to be rather irresistible. If that wasn't obviously by the fact I got him and made ''for now'' living quarters for him instead of an ideal long-term one right away.

I am big on taking the best care of my pets, though, and you can bet that I'll be working towards a nice home for him so he can live a long & healthy life.

Plus, once I get the 10g, it seems I can split it and add a 2nd betta? That isn't the plan right now, but then again...if I come across one that I find absolutely stunning, it may change. Hehe.
Puremuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #22 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
He is very pretty and I'm happy to see that you are upgrading! Especially with him having a tankmate, usually the rule of thumb with tankmates is having them in at least 10 gallons or more. Since it is just one snail, I think a 5 gallon should be fine.

Also, females do flare too. All of mine did! Males tend to do it more and put on a much bigger show. The best way to tell the male and females apart (besides the fin size) would be checking for the egg spot on the belly.
what happens if your female is white(I know my luna is a female, but just for refrence

or you could start a sorority(: i'm doing it over christmas

oh, and one last thing, what do snails eat??

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-07-2009 at 06:19 PM.
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #23 
Puremuttz

Quote:
Originally Posted by k stiles View Post
I was told to feed him algae wafers and he'll also eat whatever the Betta doesn't, or any sinking foods. Plus, I could get a veggie clip and put some lettuce on the bottom and he'd eat that, too.

The gal at the pet store mentioned cucumber or zucchini, but I don't know how accurate that is (because...we all know how knowledgeable pet store employees can be...LOL)

As for the white spot on females...I am pretty certain my lil' betta doesn't have it, but I haven't tried to search for it and I'm not sure how well I'd see it if I did. On such a small fish like my betta, it seems like it'd be difficult to see a white dot on the belly of a fish. :P

Last edited by Puremuttz; 11-07-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #24 
flying fish

Location: On the tree with the Rabid Chipmunk in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
Oh,
pretty!
Welcome to the forum.
I just noticed that he looks similar to my female,
except her fins are shorter and has more blue ;3
flying fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #25 
Puremuttz

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying fish View Post
I just noticed that he looks similar to my female
She must be a beauty then. :P
I am thinking about splitting the tank and adding a 2nd Betta after I finally get the 10g and have it set-up and ready. We'll see, because it'll all depend on whether or not I find another Betta that I "just gotta get". :)
Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #26 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k stiles View Post
what happens if your female is white(I know my luna is a female, but just for refrence

or you could start a sorority(: i'm doing it over christmas

Well, my Aigis was white, but it was still pretty obvious. Actually, at first before I knew to check for the white spots, I thought she was a male because she would flare at my girls. Anyway, normally the shades of white are different so you can tell.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote