Betta Fish Forum banner

Heater Brands?

781 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
Right so I'm trying to get a list of the things I need to get and I've found specific brands for everything but a heater.

This I'm having issues with, because I find one that I think will be good, look into it, and there's iffy responses. Plus I'm reading stories of cooked fish and am slowly becoming paranoid about this happening. I want to get a reasonably priced heater that's accurate and not sucky. So took a look at the threads you guys have here and there's nothing on what brands are the best.

I'm going to *hopefully* have a 5gal tank so what's a good 25 Watt heater?

#3 ·
I use the Hydor 25 watt and have had no problems with it. I found Marineland is much more expensive than Hydor here, or else I would have bought a Marineland instead lol.

#4 ·
I'm having good luck with the Petco brand 50 watt. I had to run out and get one quickly when the heater on my 5 gal. betta tank failed so grabbed the 50 watt until I could find a decent price on the stealth visitherm online (personal favorite).

So far so good with the Petco one. It's fully submersible and you can adjust the temp. which IMO is a must given the crazy temp swings here in good old New England.

#6 ·
Whatever you do, don't get one of those pre-set Tetra heaters. Ughh, they don't work well.

#8 ·
The ONLY heaters that I recommend are the Marineland Visi-Therm Stealth or Deluxe models. Believe me, I have a whole box full of cheaper heaters that malfunctioned on me and needed to be replaced. Now I just save the time and money and buy the good ones to start. If you are looking to buy a lot of stuff at once, check out drsfostersmith.com. They have cheaper prices, but the shipping is only worth it if you buy everything at once.

#9 ·
I just came back with a Hydor Theo. I'll tell you how it is tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.