Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #21 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethbridge View Post
so just destroy the bubble nest then?
don't worry he'll make another soon I know it!
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #22 
Lethbridge

we;; should i leave it on tonight if i remove the gravel so he can rebuild his bubble nest or should i turn it off for the night?
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would just leave everything the way it is. You may lose some eggs that fall to the bottom that the male can't get to but your not likely to lose the whole spawn because of it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #24 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
well I'm going to bed laters, for any help, I'm sure there are some big night dwellers who would be glad to help.
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #25 
AlexXx

Are you not conditioning your pair? If he likes the female he will build a much larger and stronger nest... you should set up a styrophome cup too....

I donno i feel bad saying this but it seems like you need to do a bit more researching....

Do you have food plans for the frye? Jars for them when they need to separate? a way to heat all these jars? a home for these babies?

Im really not trying to be condescending at all just letting you know it doesnt seem like you know what your doing 100% .

But dont listen to me, Do what you like! Good luck.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #26 
Lethbridge

okay so i removed the gravel and lowered the water level but in the process i destroyed the bubble nest hopefully he will make another one or else i dont know how this spawning will talk place, but i work tomorrow so ill see how it turns out when i get home
Old 11-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #27 
Lethbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexXx View Post
Are you not conditioning your pair? If he likes the female he will build a much larger and stronger nest... you should set up a styrophome cup too....

I donno i feel bad saying this but it seems like you need to do a bit more researching....

Do you have food plans for the frye? Jars for them when they need to separate? a way to heat all these jars? a home for these babies?

Im really not trying to be condescending at all just letting you know it doesnt seem like you know what your doing 100% .

But dont listen to me, Do what you like! Good luck.
alexx in my intro i said that i have conditioned the pairs for about 2 weeks but i have not yet introduced them together. also i have a styrofoam cup in the tank and the betta decided to use a different spot so i removed the styrofoam cup, i have several bbs hacherys ready to go as well as a larger tank that can fit different jars which has a heater in it. but im pretty sure im ready just because i have not said told you everything doesnt mean i dont have everything ready to go
Old 11-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #28 
Jupiter

You seem to know what you're doing, though I don't really know much about breeding.

This is irrelevant, but I was just curious what other fish you have? Since you mentioned you had a few tanks...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #29 
AlexXx

Ya, im sorry for jumping down your throat. I was just wondering. Ive been researching breeding and reading logs for months on end now and i have just never seen such a strangely set up method. I hope all goes well! Update us with weekly pics of the frye if the spawn happens! We all love that! :D Again sorry if i came off to harsh.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

Everyone has their own methods and ways of doing things. Hello and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your spawn attempt.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote