Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #1 
Calmwaters

Is there anything else I can do?

Ok some of you know I rescued another Walmart fish (Rocky) last week and I have salt in his water have treated him with Jungle Fungus Clear and have been keeping his water clean and warm, is there anything else I should be doing for his fin rot and over all health. I have only seen him eat maybe 3 flakes in all the time I have had him. Sometimes he seems to feel better and swims around but most the time he just sits at the top of his tank. Also am I useing enough meds? I put 1/4 tablet in his container it is 1 gallon and the directions say 1 tablet to 10 gallons. I am not good at math but I figured maybe a1/4 would be close to the right amount. I really hope this little guy makes it because I think he would be really pretty when his fins grow back out with his pinkish colored body and red fins.8)
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

my math tells me thats enough for 2.5 gallons

you could dilute the tablet in 10 teaspoons of dechlorinated water and then add one teaspoon of that to his tank, thats the closest way to do it i can think of for giving him the right dose. and save the other doses for his next treatments. and maybe change half his water everyday and then add the dose.
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #3 
Calmwaters

Thank you. I will try it.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #4 
ChristinaRoss

good luck with him, i know your doing your best. hes gonna make it i just know it, under your care :)
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Here are some directions I got from Healthybetta.com for Jungle Fungus Clear. Dissolve 1 tablet in 10 tablespoons of water. Add one tablespoon of concentrate mixture to a gallon of water. Wait 4 days until you do a second dosage.If you do a second dose change 25% of the water and repeat dosage.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #6 
Calmwaters

Thank you Christina. I plan on getting him a real tank tomorrow but plan on leaving a filter out for now he is weak enough with out haveing to deal with any other water movement. I wish he would eat a little more he is to skinny.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #7 
Calmwaters

Thank you Drama. If I do not get his new tank tomorrow I will go with what you guys suggest.