Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #1 
FirstBetta

My guy doesn't use the hollow log

He looked it over when I first put in but has ignored it ever since. He also ignored the flower pot I gave him when he came home. I can't find where he hides. His tank is in the living room of my two room apartment, so if I'm awake and home I'm in the living room. I've tried to sneak up on him to see where he hides, but he sees me and comes up to the front to be fed.

I feed him Ocean Nutrition Betta and NLS .5MM pellets and he does a great job of scarfing them down.

I've tried to interact with him by sticking my finger in the tank in front of him to see if he'll investigate it, no dice. He turns around and swims away. I put a Betta hammock in the tank, he ignored it. After about a week I took it out.

He seems to be a non-conforming Betta guy but he is beautiful and seems to be enjoying life patrolling his tank and hiding occasionally. So I guess I'll keep him LOL.
FirstBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #2 
Micho

Every Betta is different with a different personality.

One of my boys just sleeps all day. Usually under the heater where it's nice and shaded. I'll hover my finger over the water and he'll know it's time to eat. Then it's back to sleeping for him again.

Not a very active guy. :p
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #3 
registereduser

Slow moving long finned bettas like the logs better than the fast swimming shorter finned fish.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #4 
Racoon293

Maybe get him some real or silk plants to hide in if you dont have them already. My fish prefers hanging out in her plants and ignores her bridge decoration.
Racoon293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #5 
shellieca
Reference Team

They each have their own likes & dislikes. I've found it's best to keep the "normal" Betta likes in the tank because every once in a while they'll use them. 2 of my males rarely go into their cave structures but LOVE sitting on top of their plants, teo others love to just swim through everything without seemingly to ever stop, another hides a lot in his cave & tends to hang out in one corner of his tank, another goes back & forth in the front of his tank occasionally cruising all around it, another loves his skull deco & to hide up against the back side of the stump/root deco. They're all just a little bit different which makes them fun.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #6 
Polkadot

They are definitely all different & you will get to know what they like & dislike over time.With my 3 little boys,I think I have seen Button swim through his log hidey once,yet he LOVES his bell cave,previously to the bell he had the spongebob pineapple & a rock cave,he loves caves and playing among his silk plants.Peanut & Piglet both love swimming through their log hide outs,but will mostly sit on their leaf hammocks,which all 3 little bums love.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote