Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #1 
tigerhappy26

Aquarium Decor?

I want to buy a better decoration for my tank and I have seen some people complain about chemicals and such on them, so what brands are good and what brands are bad to buy.
tigerhappy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

There are good and bad decorations in each and every brand. The worst IMO is Penn Plax, I've heard so many things about them. Decorations that smell like spray paint, wires in fake plants, substances growing on them, etc.

If you really like a decoration, just post it here. I would recommend to let it sit in hot tap water first. And if you don't want to go through all that hassle, live plants have so many benefits! :D
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #3 
registereduser

I like real wood, real plants and real rocks. I do have some fake stuff I like but I don't know what companies made them. I am happy with these roman columns I got at Petco. I also have their shark jaws and they are fine.

Last edited by registereduser; 12-10-2013 at 08:55 PM.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #4 
shellieca

Most of my decorations that aren't real are Top Fin from Petsmart. I do have a couple that when I take them out of the tank have an odor but there's been no adverse effects on my fish & there's no smell when they're in the tank. I've had them for over a year so if there were going to be an issue I'm sure there would've been by now.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote