Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #1 
Susukihotaru

Smile Sheldon is on his way to his new home!

For those who don't know Sheldon he is a Walmart rescue, that was being poured repeatedly by someone into other bettas' cups, and after the second time I had to get a worker to come and separate them I couldn't take it anymore and had to take him home.

Sheldon is now on his way to his new and permanent home. His fins are almost completely grown back and he is doing better than ever, though he may be a bit stressed in a cup again. His new owners should have made it home by tomorrow afternoon and I'll ask them for pictures when he is settled in to post here. But for now I only have some of just before they set out with him.

He was really stressed when he suddenly found himself in a cup again, but calmed down quite a bit after a few minutes, so I think he won't get too stressed on the trip home.

His album, if you want to take a look at how he has improved.
http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?albumid=9105
Susukihotaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #2 
shannonpwns

Wow what an improvement! I'm glad you saved him! I can't believe how bad his fins were! Who was putting him with other bettas?? A customer or an employee????
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #3 
Susukihotaru

I know, I'm surprised every time I look at his first pictures after being used to him now that he was in such bad shape. I think it must have been a customer. I still find some bettas in cups together, though very seldom, and the most recent the woman who separated him claimed that young kids like to play with the betta because they can get their hands on them much more easily than the other fish and she can't constantly watch them. I think that may be the case, kids can be cruel, or without any idea of what they are actually doing.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #4 
shannonpwns

That's horrible! Earlier tonight when I was at Walmart picking up some decor for my sorority, I was happy to see that there were no bettas for sale at Walmart. Although there were price stickers on one shelf labeled for bettas, there were no bettas and the shelf had decor and plants on it instead. My Walmart used to have a horrible fish section, luckily they stopped carrying ALL fish, and apparently bettas now too.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #5 
Susukihotaru

That's great! I wish all walmarts would quit selling them. But my Walmart just recently put out a "Back to School" display, with three times the amount of bettas they normally have in stock, so I don't think they have that intention for the near future. At least the display of those is out in the middle of the floor where employees are usually right nearby, and whoever messes with them will (hopefully) refrain from doing so where he can be so easily seen.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #6 
Susukihotaru

He is now settled in his new home! I gave them the tank I had him in, but since he is in their kitchen instead of my room he will probably have a lot going on around him to keep him from getting bored.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #7 
NeptunesMom

Yay! Happy ending.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #8 
Susukihotaru