Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #1 
kjnewcome

I'm so upset and angry

Friday I was in Petco and they had a white EE, I passed him up because I didn't really have the extra $20 to spare since I was school shopping for my daughter.

I thought about him all night and I told my husband that I had to have him so I ran back to Petco Saturday but he had already sold.

Well today I go in Petco and what do I find??? The white EE. The lady who bought him took him because because her kids wouldn't leave him alone. :( I have no idea what they did to this little guy but I really don't think he is going to make it. I bought 3 new girls today but my husband wouldn't let me have the EE. He said that he didn't want me spending that much money on a fish that was probably going to die. :(

His fins were torn all to &^#( and he was just laying on the bottom of the cup. My heart is broken. I feel so guilty for not buying him the first time I was in there, I could have given him a good life.
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

If she had kids chances are they chased him with a net, probably tried to take him out of the water (I know kids who would if they could), etc. If I were that mom, I'd keep the fish in my bedroom (locked door of course) and tell them they are not allowed a pet "ever" for their stupid and reckless behavior. I've disallowed my niece to be near my dog unsupervised because she can be MEAN to animals and I know it. That and I don't trust her due to a few things that happened in the last two months, that she knows she did. (And she has never seen me so angry as she did that one day... I was CHOKED).

Sucks you can't get him. Although... If the fish dies and your water is clean, you can get your money back... ;) lol
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #3 
karenluvsbettas623

There is a sale now in petco where elephant ears are only 11 something, and you can get a refund if it dies within 14 days I believe. You can also speak with the manager about getting an additional discount for the condition he is in. If I were you I would go get him. Torn fins aren't anything unfixable. I passed up a female that I liked for a long time and then I found her dead, I wish I would have gotten her I know the feeling.
karenluvsbettas623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Be warned Petco and Petsmart tend to be the same way and "wont let you take home a sick fish" due to the fact you might return it dead.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #5 
kjnewcome

The EEs at my Petco are $20, I asked about a discount and they said no. I also asked about returning it if it did die and the girl at the checkout told to that they don't offer refunds on bettas. I'm going to call tomorrow and speak to a manager and see what I can do. I can't stand the thought of him laying there in that cup, hurt and sad. :( It's breaking my heart.

I don't understand what is wrong with parents these days. I've had fish, hamsters, rabbits, dogs, cat and birds since both of my girls were very, very little and they were taught from start how to treat an animal. I think easier for some parents to just let their kids do what they want.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #6 
cowboy

Did you read my thread? I bought what I thought was a pink and grey 4 month old crown tail. After posting on here I found he was a half moon and lost his pretty tail to fin rot and fighting. I was given the option to bring him back and pick anyone else I wanted regardless of price (their EE from Jarkarta sell for 50). Know what I did? I kept the little guy and declined another for free (I could have kept both) the owner said his tail should grow back (always a chance he won't be lucky) but it takes a long time many many months. Point of my story? Follow your heart and you will never go wrong

Last edited by cowboy; 08-05-2013 at 09:56 PM.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #7 
kjnewcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Did you read my thread? I bought what I thought was a pink and grey 4 month old crown tail. After posting on here I found he was a half moon and lost his pretty tail to fin rot and fighting. I was given the option to bring him back and pick anyone else I wanted regardless of price (their EE from Jarkarta sell for 50). Know what I did? I kept the little guy and declined another for free (I could have kept both) the owner said his tail should grow back (always a chance he won't be lucky) but it takes a long time many many months. Point of my story? Follow your heart and you will never go wrong
Thank you! I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can get him. I have to do something.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #8 
cowboy

Take a look in my album at Montana you'll see how bad the poor guy is. Good luck
Old 08-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #9 
kjnewcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Take a look in my album at Montana you'll see how bad the poor guy is. Good luck
Oh my goodness, poor little guy. Good luck, I hope he heals up fast.

There was a crowntail at Petco today that was in really bad shape. The ends of his fins were curled up. I was so upset today, my Petco is usually a really good place to go for bettas and it's rare to find one in bad condition. Today was terrible. They only had one shelve full and nearly all of them looked ill. If I had room for more males I would have bought a few just to save them. I really need a house just for my fish. lol
Old 08-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #10 
cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnewcome View Post
Oh my goodness, poor little guy. Good luck, I hope he heals up fast.

There was a crowntail at Petco today that was in really bad shape. The ends of his fins were curled up. I was so upset today, my Petco is usually a really good place to go for bettas and it's rare to find one in bad condition. Today was terrible. They only had one shelve full and nearly all of them looked ill. If I had room for more males I would have bought a few just to save them. I really need a house just for my fish. lol
Thank you, I go above and beyond for these guys. I know he will ok. Post a picture if you get the guy. I'd love to see it