Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #11 
kjnewcome

I'll be sure to post a picture if I can get him. He was so pretty the first time I saw him. Still kicking myself, I could have saved him from all of this if I would have just bought him that first day.
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #12 
Sena Hansler

Dumbos here are sold in only one known store... 35.00.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #13 
cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnewcome View Post
I'll be sure to post a picture if I can get him. He was so pretty the first time I saw him. Still kicking myself, I could have saved him from all of this if I would have just bought him that first day.
Kicking yourself does not help and only makes you upset (take it from someone who does it alot) go get him if he's still there. If not, move on and be kind to yourself
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #14 
kjnewcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Kicking yourself does not help and only makes you upset (take it from someone who does it alot) go get him if he's still there. If not, move on and be kind to yourself
Thanks!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #15 
peachii

Petco and Petsmart both have 30 days return policies on ALL fish. If a fish dies they take it back no questions asked and give you an exchange or a refund. We have brought home many, many bettas who were sick and on the verge of death to try and save them that didn't make it. They have never refused to do a refund, it's company policy and whoever told you that they didn't offer refunds on bettas were not telling the truth.

I've also gotten a lot of discounts for the sick fish, although we have paid full price for most of them.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #16 
kjnewcome

Thank you peachii, I will be calling to talk to a manager tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #17 
Haleigh

I cannot agree more with what cowboy said. You have to follow your heart. There was a yellow double tail at my local PetSmart for two months that was just torturing me. I finally ended up buying him as a rescue because he had gotten sick and his fins were torn.

He lived for a week in my care, and his fins even started to heal. In the end though, he didn't survive. Point is, if your gut is telling you to get that fish, do it! Don't wait! I sometimes wonder if Agrippa (that was his name) would still be alive if I had rescued him sooner
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #18 
cowboy

I'm dying here... You get the fish?
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #19 
kjnewcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
I'm dying here... You get the fish?
I didn't. I posted an update. I'll see if I can find it and copy it here for you.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #20 
kjnewcome

This is the update I posted this morning:

I have great news about the white elephant ear. I called Petco today and spoke with the manager. He was a super sweet guy. He went back and asked the fish guys about the betta. He said that Brian saw the fish this morning when he came in and he is now taking care of him. Brian is one of the fish guys that actually knows his stuff, so I feel great about that. Brian is going to take him home and try to nurse him back to health. The manager said that there was no reason that the betta was put back on the shelf in that condition and that he was going to have a talk with the girl who accepted the return. I also told him about the Crowntail I saw yesterday, it's fins were all curled and he just looked terrible. He said that he would make sure Brian knew about him and that they would set him up in a tank in the back and see if they can help him as well. He also offered me a free betta but I refused. I told him that I just wanted to make sure that these 2 guys were taken care of.