Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #121 
Silverbeam

~~~Silverbeam~~~
The scrollkeeper's apprentice is talking about something but I can't manage to pay attention. The door creaks open and my hearts thumps heavily in my chest and I see Muse standing there. I stare into her eyes, almost frozen in time. "Silverbeam..." She says quietly. I lightly push the apprentice out the door and close it behind him. I turn to Muse. "I-I don't know where to start..." I say as I take her fin and lead her to a little table and allow her to sit down. I sit across from her.
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #122 
percyfyshshelley

~Heathcliff~
Apparently, my arrival was expected, along with who knows how many other bettas. I register and get an identification card and a little bit of money, then follow the others to a place called Waterflash Kingdom. I see a beautiful palace, and cant wait to get inside to rest my tired fins, but am told I am not allowed in the palace. It is sppsrently for some royalty and I am not royalty. I am so tired I could sleep on the street, but I wouldn't feel safe with a lot hese strangers around me.
I swim aimlessly about, pass a pub but I am a little ashamed of my tail that I had bitten, and I was hoping I could grow it back before I saw too many females. Finally I come to a hotel... A sign says vacancy. I go inside and see a turquoise and white plakat at the check in counter. It's a female, curse my luck. Well, she won't know I bit my own tail like a scared fry. I could say it was from a fight! That's right, a fight.
"hello, miss," I say, in a voice that's sounds pitiful and meak. I clear my throat, raise my dorsal fin a bit, and continue in a stronger voice, "I'd like to inquire about getting a room."
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #123 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Rocco~~~
To my suprise, I'm pushed out the door, when a female comes in. Did I do something wrong? I anxiously pace back and forth. I can't believe myself! I must have had said something... I sigh. I walk to my room. What is the princess going to do about the threat, I wonder. She is busy.... then I will see what this threat it... I know its a female... and maybe it's called " queen of shadow"? I'll go into the library when his highness is finished.
~~~Basta~~~
I swim out of my house, and bump into someone, an old looking fish, who has groceries, and they fall to the ground. " Hey, watch it!" I yell, suddenly angry. The fish looks at me with a quizzical look. Not scared, quizzical. He shakes his head, then picks up his groceries. " You might want to watch your actions, you could be rude to someone important," he says. " Tsk tsk," he says, then swims off. I glare at him. How dare he! He had no right... hunt him down... seek out the elder fish... you know you want too.... slaughter him! a voice I could have sworn was female snarls in my head. Wait, no what's wrong with me? I shake my head. I really am losing it.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #124 
rubinthebetta

~~Flamesong~~
The waitress comes to our table. "I'd like a personal size bloodworm pizza, please," I say. She jots down my order Mika and Oscar order as well. A harsh feminine voice snarls inside my head, Come on, make that waitress hurry up, or destroy her! I blink. Those are not my own thoughts. I would never do such a thing. Sure, I have a knack for putting jerks in their place at times, but I would never hurt any fish. I shiver, hoping no fish would notice the sudden terror on my face.

<<Khram>>
I head into the packed pub. I see a tough green dragonscale and say frostily, "I'd like to apply for a job here." She snaps, "Go in the kitchens. I just fired the chef. You're the new one now." Not bad. I've always had a taste for magnificent food. Now I will be the best chef this kingdom ever seen! I swim to the kitchens and gape at the mess. It's horrid! One can hardly expect me to work in such conditions. But if this will help me climb the social ladder, I shall clean this..this dump so I can work. I set to work with a mop and a towel, making sure it is all clean. It takes me a little while, and I loathe every second. But finally I am finished, and I go look at the orders. I freeze. They never had this stuff in my world. A fish tosses me a recipe book and shouts, "All you need is in there!" I frostily nod and get to work on the orders.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #125 
bettafishgirl

~Avia~
I sighed, realizing today was going to be just like yesterday. No buisness. My last staff member had quit this morning, and I was broke. I guess no one needed an hotel anymore. Sighing again, I grab a piece of poster board and my best paint. In big, bright orange letters I wrote 'VACANT. NOW HIRING.' looked it over, before holding it to the front door and pushing a tack to keep it in place. Swimming onto the street, I hailed a cab.

Last edited by bettafishgirl; 08-06-2013 at 10:16 AM.
bettafishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #126 
Lotte

Muse:

Silverbeam lightly pushes the apprentice out door, and takes my fin.
"I-I don't know where to start..." he says as he offers me a seat. He takes a seat across from me. I don't know where to start either. I look down.
"I-I've missed you so much" I say, my voice cracking.

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #127 
Silverbeam

~~~Silverbeam~~~
"I-I've missed you so much," She tells me and her voice cracks. I smile, "I've missed too... A-and, I feel so selfish for not being there for you, and I don't want to hurt you... I..." I say thinking hard about what to say, "Muse, the truth is I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you..." I tell her as I get it up and swim around the table to her. I take out the shell from the inside pocket of my jacket and turn to her taking a deep breath, "I want to be there every moment you need me. I want to be a part of your life, and I want you to be a part of mine..." My voice cracks a little and I clear my throat. I open the shell, "Muse, will you marry me?"
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #128 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Mika~~~
I happily chat, while we order, when I notice Flamesong suddenly looks terrified, as if she's seen a ghost. " Flamesong?" I say, giving her a worried look. " Nothing is wrong, is it?" I add.
~~~Sterling~~~
"I'd like to apply for a job here." a cold voice says, and I turn around to see a navy blue DT. "Go in the kitchens. I just fired the chef. You're the new one now." I snap, then watch him go back to the kitchen. He doesn't exactly strike me as a master chef, but oh well. If he messes up, I'll just fire him too.
~~~Basta~~~
" That's it. I'm just going home," I mumble. I stomp home, and look in the mirror, when I jump back, startled. That's not my reflection in the mirror. A beautiful female comb tail stares back at me, grinning. Her glistening white fangs shine in the light, and her scales are a deep, penantrating black, yet they have strange silver gleam. She has a mischevious, evil look in her eyes. Basta, Basta. Are you startled? A voice in my head says. and I look in the mirror to see that whoever is in that mirror is talking too. I narrow my eyes. " What the...?" I say. I know who you are, my friend. I know everything. I glare at the fish in the mirror. " Who are you?" I snarl. Don't be so aggresive... I have a proposition for you. I can't imagine what it must be like for you... your capable of so much more. Come with me, Basta. Come with me, the Queen of Shadows! You were once so glorious, full of victory and strength. Now look at you! Your a little goody two shoes! " ENOUGH!" i yell, and throw a rock at the mirror, and it breaks into shatters. But her face appears in each indivual shatter, and she laughs cruelly. Stop trying to be something your not! I know the taste of blood, the howls of pain are something you need. You enjoy it. Why run from your true self? I stare at her. Did I actually once enjoy the killing? My thoughts reflect from earlier. I miss the action. She's waiting for my answer, I can tell. I shake my head. " I don't know who you are... but I can't go back." I say, glaring at it. " Then allow me to give you a head start!" she screams, and shadow swarms from the shards, and everything goes black.
~~~Rocco~~~
I run to Cornelious's study, and search through the books. " Queen Naiad... also known as Queen of the Shadows... hmm..." I murmer. I read as my eyes skim the page. For thousands of years, a queen of shadows ruled Waterflash. She was well known for manipulation, and her trickery. When she didn't get her way, she killed, or used her powers to convert them to her side. She was granted an un natural long life. Soon a young hero named Angus and a small army of fish rebelled against her, and she was defeated, though after her great defeat neither Angus nor any of his soldiers were ever heard from again. It was unknown how she was, and soon legend turned to myth, and myth turned to rumors, and Naiad was forgotten. I slam the book shut. If this is true, I must tell Cornleious!

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 08-06-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #129 
rubinthebetta

~~Flamesong~~
"Flamesong? Nothing is wrong, is it?" Mika says worriedly. "No, everything is fine," my voice trembles. I stare at the table, trying to calm down. All of a sudden, a jet black face appears. My dear Flamesong, it says in my mind, come with me and you will never be forgotten or abandoned again. I grit my teeth. I'm over that now. I don't care about that stuff. I have Manny, I reply from my mind. The silky voice says, Or do you have Manny? Face it. You've been forgotten again, this time by someone you thought cared about you with all his heart. I am suddenly filled with fury. He does care! I cry. He does! Darling, we must face the facts. Here, you are nothing. But with me, you could be so much more, the voice says. NO!!!! I thunder. The face slowly disappears and I stand up. "I'll be right back," I say to Mika and Oscar. I swim to the hidden room and lock myself in. And then I let myself cry.

--Lissa--
I'm swimming around and I see a fish pouring over a book and muttering. "Is something wrong?" I say. I catch a glimpse of the title of the book. Queen of Shadows. No. She can't be back. She can't. But then why else would somebody...no. I'll have to ask Flamesong some questions. She might be able to help me. But in the meantime, I have to find out why this fish is looking at the book do desperately.

Last edited by rubinthebetta; 08-06-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Spelling screw-up
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #130 
Happyhobbit

~~~Mika~~~
"No, everything is fine," she says shakily, but her eyes, full of fear, give her away. She leaves, and I exchnage a glance with Oscar. " I'm going after her," I say, and sneak towards her. What is going on with her?
~~~Rocco~~~
"Is something wrong?" someone asks. I look up. It's the princess's scientist- Lady Lissa. I stare at her with wide eyes. " She's coming," I whisper. " I'm sorry, I must go! My mentor needs to know what's happening!" I say frantically, and swim away, leaving the book open.
~~~Basta~~~
I stir, opening my eyes. I slowly get up, in mechanical motions. I look in the broken mirror, and smile. My eyes glow an eerie green, and I grin wider. I have fangs too, now. What a treat. The queen was right- I'm not made for peace- I'm made to demolish, to kill. I serve her now, and soon, she will attack, but first, I must find her. It suddenly all becomes crystal clear. The catacombs. Silverbeam mentioned them once, and I will go there... You will not be alone. I will assist you, and when I break free, you shall be my general. I start to walk towards the castle. It's very far away to walk, but I will make it, and free the Queen of shadows. Even if it kills me, I will.