Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #1 
puzzlr

Red face Hi there! New to the forum :)

Hello!

Nice to meet you all :) Just figured I would introduce myself, since this forum has actually helped me out a lot with researching before I got my new fish friend. So, thank you for the BettaFish.com community for all of the combined knowledge that has lead me to setting up a nice cycled 5.5 gallon tank for my little Crown Tail Betta. I appreciate that there are so many people here that are willing to help out :) thank you for providing this community.

In case anyone was wondering, I'll include a couple of pictures of my little betta Imhotep (yes, I named him after the character in The Mummy. He's broody, dark, looks like he wants to take over the world, and his fins flare like the tattered robes that his movie counterpart has). He's really social and will come up to the front of the tank to hang out whenever I go over. He's also really active and likes swimming around essentially all of the time.

I'm new to having a betta fish, but I read up a lot of information on the nitrogen cycle, tank sizes, water changes, feeding, diseases, etc before I got one, so I'm hoping that Imhotep will be happy in his new home. I've had him for the past 2 weeks now. I'm hoping to get a small filter for him soon, but in the meantime I've been doing partial water changes to deal with ammonia buildup and to get more oxygen in the tank.

Here he is acclimatising to his tank:

And here he was in a temporary bowl when I had to replace his first tank (turned out the sealant wasn't applied properly and it was leaking):

Last edited by puzzlr; 08-06-2013 at 01:47 PM.
puzzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #2 
bettabumx

He's very pretty! I like his coloring. Does he fade out from that light blue to the dark coloring or is that just the way the light is hitting him in the bottom picture?
bettabumx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #3 
puzzlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabumx View Post
He's very pretty! I like his coloring. Does he fade out from that light blue to the dark coloring or is that just the way the light is hitting him in the bottom picture?
Oh thanks! He's mostly the dark colouring and actually has blue tints to the ends of his scales, and then he has the stripes on his fins as well as some red accents :)
puzzlr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner