Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #91 
sassyfriend

I saved 2 more
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #92 
PetMania

Awesome!! How are they doing? Need any help?
Update: I just got a critter keeper for my new baby betta that i plan to save soon. My recent rescue, Glo, is doing better. He keeps biting his fin so I just re-arranged his tank.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #93 
sassyfriend

They seem to be doing ok so far. Good luck on yours as well
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #94 
PetMania

Thanks
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #95 
snowflake311

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
This is for everyone who wants to know what a rescue is all about.

Now there are 2 sides on rescuing. Some people believe that rescuing a betta will just put, like, 3 more to suffer in their spot. Others believe that it is about saving that one life. Both want the cruelty to stop. What they don't realize is, is that it won't stop, unless millions of people petition against stores selling them.
Anyways, I am with the side of saving that one life. Just because more will come, doesn't mean that that betta has to suffer. That's why people rescue puppies. Pet stores mainly get their dogs from puppy mills where they are mistreated, just like they do with bettas. Yet, people give them a chance.
You can make a difference where you are, and by difference I mean changing a life. I'm sure that betta will have a warm heart wherever he goes, knowing he was cared about, and given a second chance.
Where I live you can not sell puppies in a pet store. It's a small town but it is a law and a step in the right direction. Dog rescue and puppy mills are something I feel very strong about. I worked a vets offices and the SPCA. Don't get me started all my dogs are rescues and always will be.

I will never buy a dog from a pet store never ever don't do. Rescue from a shelter. But like I said I am not going there.

Dogs are not fish sorry you can not compare betta fish to puppies no. Keeping bettas in small contains till they find new homes is fine as long as the fish is kept in a clean environment. If these places care about the health of the fish bettas in pet stores would not be a problem. One of my pet stores do take care of their betta. The cups are always clean even after a few weeks.

The issue is not about pet stores keeping bettas it's about the lack of care the abuse. Maybe some young betta lovers can volunteer their time to the pet stores to help them clean the betta cups.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #96 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake311 View Post
Where I live you can not sell puppies in a pet store. It's a small town but it is a law and a step in the right direction. Dog rescue and puppy mills are something I feel very strong about. I worked a vets offices and the SPCA. Don't get me started all my dogs are rescues and always will be.

I will never buy a dog from a pet store never ever don't do. Rescue from a shelter. But like I said I am not going there.

Dogs are not fish sorry you can not compare betta fish to puppies no. Keeping bettas in small contains till they find new homes is fine as long as the fish is kept in a clean environment. If these places care about the health of the fish bettas in pet stores would not be a problem. One of my pet stores do take care of their betta. The cups are always clean even after a few weeks.

The issue is not about pet stores keeping bettas it's about the lack of care the abuse. Maybe some young betta lovers can volunteer their time to the pet stores to help them clean the betta cups.
+1

The bettas would be fine in the cups in the store for a while if the employees changed the water enough, which I'm sure some do. Yeah they may be a little bored/stressed in the cups until they get bought, but I'm sure that doesn't cause irreversible harm. A dog on the other hand requires much more mental stimulation and they are messier than a betta, so keeping them in a petstore environment is a NO.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote