Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #1 
Jupiter

Silk plants...

Well, in my sorority, I have 5 silk plants. I want to get more, but they're all so expensive...

I've been thinking of cheaper alternatives, like the fake plants they sell at craft stores. Does anyone have any experience with them? I just don't know which ones to pick that would be safe for my tank. :S
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #2 
kelly528

I have heard of people picking up those dirt-cheap packs of plants at craft stores or dollar stores.... TBH I'm pretty sure they are no different than the ones you pay ten bucks a pop for at pet stores!

If you wanted to be safe, I'm sure you could soak them for a week to let the bulk of the stuff leach out but I really doubt aquarium silk plants are any safer and tey've been working just fine for you.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #3 
PetsGalore

I have some cheap ones from a craft store. Well I actually got them from my mom when I went over. She was going to get rid of her fake plants and I asked for one of them (the biggest one). She was like really you would actually use these in your decor? I was like " hahah NO for my tanks." She just rolled her eyes hahah. But they work just as well as the expensive ones from the pet store - I find. And my fish seem to love them alot more then the plastic ones.
PetsGalore is offline   Reply With Quote