Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #21 
LaniBaby

well that doesn't look so bad! it looks quite nice! however, i agree with the black sand. my tanks looked a little odd with glass stones so i switched to black tahitian moon sand and it made a big difference. you can also get white sand and maybe place some glass or black stones in it to make a sort of zen rock garden look. you can then get some natural looking silk plants in various sizes, put the largest in the back and the smallest in the front. it creates a lot of hiding spots and some nice depth. you can also consider a backdrop for the back of the tank so you can't see through it. good luck! post pics if you change anything!
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #22 
Lewisoboy007

A piece of paper in which you stick on the back of the tank. It makes it look better as you can see your wall. The paper has fish plants on it
Lewisoboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #23 
okijapan

I think it's a nice setup. I would do three things however. I would add a tallish plant to the back of each side to give a fuller look. I also think the background is a good idea. I would also remove the seashells, they will start to dissolve in water which will raise your pH. Overall really nice looking tank and I think the background will really make the difference for you.
okijapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #24 
bettabeauty

Ender- Thank you so much! Yes, it is tough to tell when online if people are just being polite, or honestly like something! Thank you.

Thank you everyone for all of your deas. I may try removing some of the seashells and seeing how it looks then... I'm thinking for the backdrop using a print of a Monte painting that is somewhat aquatic and yet floral. If I do, I'll post it!
bettabeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #25 
HVal09

you know i love your tank, but maybe losing some clutter, and getting some taller plants to place behind the rocks in the back off the tank would look better. just giving a nice front view of the tank =]
HVal09 is offline   Reply With Quote