Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #1 
angie08

Question fish isn't eating right... soemthing has to be wrong!

Okay, so my betta, Sonic has been acting weird in the last week. all this past week he wasn't eating anything. he might of taken 2 pellets the whole week. He keeps spitting them back out.. and I usually get it out of the tank immediately so it doesn't make the water acidic. I just changed his water as I always do except I added new rocks, that I did wash well before adding it to his tank. He still isn't eating.. just keeping it in his mouth for a few moments then spitting it right back out. Does he have some sort of digestive problems? I also recognized that he's been pale and hasn't been holding his fins completely open. He still swims around and seems happy.. but he needs to eat. He does look pale/loss of his color behind both his gills.. .. I need some help! thanks :]
angie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #2 
LaniBaby

is it the same food he was always eating? did you change it? sometimes they're picky. have you tried a new food? or perhaps some dried bloodworms? they're good for a snack, not as a regular diet, but it might be enough to tempt him into getting some nutrition.
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #3 
Muffish

Maybe it's just old age? I've only had him going on 7 months. Is it unusual for a fish in Walmart to already be a couple years old? It would be cool if there was some sort of test you could run to determine their age, lol.
Muffish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #4 
Muffish

BTW, my above reply was an addition to my own reply to your story. But I think someone moved that post in order to make it a thread by itself. Anyway if you read my thread "The same thing is going on with my fish", it tells of my fish's problem which is similar to what's going on with your's
Muffish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #5 
angie08

I haven't changed his food at all. I recently saw this food that's color enhancing. and is the same brand asd my other food. but when i was on the other food he wasn't eating that. I don't know how old he is. i got him over the summer.. and well he was really small when i got him. Yeah that would be nice to figure out how old they are. .:/
Muffish- oh really . your betta is having the same problem? how long has it been occurring?
angie08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color loss, not eating, pale, sick