I am going to guess this fish isn't breeding quality even with out pics and I will telly you why however if you post a pic of a nice fish you should also take this into account.
1. He is a Petstore betta, meaning he has unknown genetic background so we don't know what his babies will look like.
2. You don't know the age of him one bettas reach a year old they should not be bred as they are not as active and such.
3. Most pet store fish are pet quality, are they have got pretty colours and what not but are not fit for breeding as their finnage is bad.
4. Some of the bettas you described have red on them. That is a major no as red wash is not a desirable trait and is very hard to breed out.
5. You don't know how to identify the females and even with descriptions on how the fish should look you need practice before you can accurately decide whether a fish is breeding quality.
Please answer the following questions too about breeding.
What are you working towards? Colours, tail types, attitudes, ect
How will you be selling these fish? You will end up with about 100 on average with culling and such but it depends on the female and such.
How much space do you have to breed?
How much of a budget do you have?
How much time can you put into these fish each day?
Honestly there are so many more but this is a big effort, something I didn't understand when I did my first spawn.
The fish you have I am thinking are definitely not breeding quality. Personally I would never breed a pet store fish even if it looks like you will get what you want out of it. 99% of the time you don't.
Try contacting a reputable breeder in your area for a high quality fish.
I wish the best of luck to you and message me if you have any questions :D