Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Females flare, too and can be aggressive. My females never flare, though.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #12 
AlexXx

They most def both females.
And yes females flare just like males. Usually though they are not as aggressive. I have had an extremely aggressive female i had to return she was nipping and flaring so much.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #13 
Lethbridge

ya i had one of my females in a breeding box and this breeding box had no lid so she jumped out and i wake up in the morning with most of my crowntails fins missing, it wasnt fun, but she seems not as aggressive anymore. on another note has anyone every transhipped bettas from aquabid.com? and how was the quality of the bettas? like it is pretty expensive to get them transhipped to Canada like its $15 for the fish, $12 transhipping fee per fish, $5 for box, $2 for heating pad and then $55 for fedex delivery overnight
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:56 AM   #14 
New2Betas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethbridge View Post
ya i had one of my females in a breeding box and this breeding box had no lid so she jumped out and i wake up in the morning with most of my crowntails fins missing, it wasnt fun, but she seems not as aggressive anymore. on another note has anyone every transhipped bettas from aquabid.com? and how was the quality of the bettas? like it is pretty expensive to get them transhipped to Canada like its $15 for the fish, $12 transhipping fee per fish, $5 for box, $2 for heating pad and then $55 for fedex delivery overnight
Call me crazy but why would you spend so much on a betta when so many local stores sell then for $3-14? Is it to get a specific color?
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

People spend more so they can get a better quality fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #16 
Lethbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Betas View Post
Call me crazy but why would you spend so much on a betta when so many local stores sell then for $3-14? Is it to get a specific color?
The bettas at the pet store are very low quality and you cant pick specific colouration, like i would like a black with white lace halfmoon or doubletail betta they are pretty rare and they dont have them around here, breeders that are really interested in breeding high quality stock will start with high quality betta to begin
Old 11-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #17 
ChristinaRoss

wow, deltas are only 6.49 here and gorgeous

ive heard several people on here order from aquabid with no problems
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #18 
Lethbridge

well bettas here are only like $6 they are vt, ct, and dt, but i cant really chose the colour and thats what i am really after
Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #19 
New2Betas

Ahhh I see. Who would have known! I guess its a big difference if you just want a pet or if you want to breed. Kinda the same as if you were breading dogs. Its hard to find other colors here too. Only ones I have seen is blue, purple, red, and a few cream ones. I would love a bold orange or pure white.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #20 
Lethbridge

ya it sucks but i went to my local fish store and they said they would order me a big variety of bettas so i cant wait to expect there next shipment