Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #11 
iheartmyfishies

Okay I'm just way too excited to tell this story. Sorry if I steal your thunder, Jenna!!

Okay so Saturday morning Jenna and I woke up and we were EXCITED!!! We pumped some water into a bucket and added the goldies. After the tank was empty of all decor we headed to Petco. Man did we have a hard time! The truck moved around a lot and when we went over speed bumps I was sure somebody was going over board but thankfully that didn't happen. All the goldies got to Petco safely where they were put into their very own 10 gallon. After that little adventure it was time to pick out the betta. Now much to our disappointment there were only a few CTs and some females left. But that didn't stop us from finding the most beautiful fish within the batch. We were stuck on a steel blue/black boy, a white/blue boy, or a white/purple boy. Then we decided against the white/blue leaving the other two. Naturally, we purchased both of them. XD It was a short trip back and once everyone was safely home Jenna and I still had A LOT of work to do. First we cleaned everything out with the vacuum. Then we spent the next 30 minutes installing the divider and Jenna had to make sure it was PERFECTLY centered or else it would bother her to no end (everything must be even!!!!!) Then the ornaments and plants were added along with a brand new heater. While the heater warmed everything up and the filter cleared the water we went out and saw 2012 (which was awesome). When we got back everything was ready and all that was left was to float the fish.
Then their personalities began to show. The steel blue is a little warrior! He flares at EVERYTHING despite him being tiny. He also hides in the shadowy corners thus me dubbing him "little ninja". The little purple is a sweetheart! Curious and light and the complete opposite of his tankmate. Everything has been going awesome.

Picture time!!!

Here's the steel blue, Evander

And here's his counterpart, Leander

Floating in their cups:

The release from their plastic prisons! (must click to watch):

I'm an Auntie!!!!!
iheartmyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #12 
iheartmyfishies

Oh and here's another vid of them a few minutes later when they were up to swimming around.

Lol you can hear the TV, Jenna's DSi, and her nephew in the back ground.
Fishy!Fishy!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #13 
SaylorKennedy

I must say,in that picture where they are floating in the cups in the tank, the orange color on the wall looks exactly like the color on one of my walls. And even weirder, the rest of my walls are white like in the picture. :P
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #14 
iheartmyfishies

Very odd coincident indeed... lol XD
Old 11-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #15 
iheartmyfishies

Evander got over the divider. o.o Thankfully she noticed before anything happened. They're both fine and she found the gap he shimmied through. It shouldn't happen again as she fixed it.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #16 
lilyrazen

<3 they are both happy now!
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, new betta