Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #1 
Sofis

Cool Hobbes' new home

I got Hobbes his new 2 gallon tank set up about two weeks ago. Here are some pictures. You can see him a little better in the second one.

[The filtering doesn't look too good because I had forgotten to put one of those stones at the bottom. I had two of them but because i bought everything used I had no instructions. I figured it out when I changed the water though .

I'm thinking of getting him a heater ASAP because he's in the basement and it gets pretty cold at night. I'm just not sure what kind of heater I would need for such a small tank. I also don't have much money. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Sofis; 11-21-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Sofis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #2 
Jupiter

So cute! He seems to like it. :)

You can get a Tetra heater from Walmart for 2 gallons, it's preset to 78 degrees. It works fairly well in my 2.5 gal. Hydor minis may also work, though those only raise the room temperature a few degrees.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #3 
AngelicScars

My Hydor mini heater worked well in the 2 gallon I had.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #4 
doggyhog

Looks great!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Very nice!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #6 
Sofis

Thanks everyone! during the night it goes down about 2 degrees Celsius and then it goes back up. So it's at like 23 during the day and then goes down to like 21 during the night.

I was looking at the hydor mini, but since it doesn't have a thermostat I was worried that there would be that temperature change. Would it affect my fish if it is usually at say 27 degrees and then during the night it comes down to 25 and then back up during the day? or as long as the temp in the tank is between 25 to 27 he will be fine?
Sofis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #7 
Kim

I personally would recommend a heater with a thermostat because I'd be worried about temperature extremes/swings without one. Your tank is very cute by the way :)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote