Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #1 
AlexXx

Fluffy the Fatty...

Alright so my sorority has been up and running for a bit over a month i think. Everything is going great. Everyone still gets along, besides some minor chasing, and the only nipping i ever see is from the Molly... but i think shes more like sucking cuz she sucks on everything. Any way, Fluffy is the biggest female ive ever seen. She is just as big as all my males and she is ALWAYS HUNGRY. I have 2 girls that dont come to the surface when i feed, so i crumble up some pellets and hope they sink down to feed them, although ive never seen them eat. My problem now is that Fluffy will litterly eat everything at the surface now... she hardly lets anyone else get a pellet... Do you think its time to take her out? How should do feed the rest of the ladies, i feel so bad for the ones who dont get to eat at least one pellet!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #2 
doggyhog

I would just put her in a cup for feeding time.. Just float the cup on the top so that she doesn't get too stressed.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #3 
vaygirl

Yep. Tango gets cupped for the same reason. And don't second guess it. Cup her every time. Last night I thought... I'll just leave him out and maybe he'll be fine... and he ate so much of the cories sinking pellets that he spent all last night and this morning sitting on the heater bracket looking sorry for himself.

If you feed her while she's in the cup, she'll learn that it's not a bad thing and won't run when you do it. I learned that the hard way too. I'm using a tupperware cup now but I'm thiking specimen container to give him a little more room.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #4 
AlexXx

Oh great idea!!!!

Ya i dont want her to start resenting me. Shes so sweet, always up top waiting for food with her puppy dog eyes and waggy tail. I always try to push her away with my finger but she comes running back haha. Thanks both of you!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #5 
Jessiefish

A dip 'n pour works fabulously as well. My ADF actually has a chance at food now!
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #6 
Jessiefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Yep. Tango gets cupped for the same reason. And don't second guess it. Cup her every time. Last night I thought... I'll just leave him out and maybe he'll be fine... and he ate so much of the cories sinking pellets that he spent all last night and this morning sitting on the heater bracket looking sorry for himself.
My boy will do this, too. It's kinda hilarious. It's like when people pig out at Thanksgiving and spend the rest of the evening sitting on the couch in a food coma.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote