Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #1 
Seki

Ugh, heater died... suggestions?

The heater in my QT tank died, but luckily I noticed and was able to move the tank into the warmest room in the house for the time being. It has stabalized around 76, which isn't where I'd want it, but meh. Anywho, I am now in need of a new heater for this 1g. tank. Any suggestions? The one in there is the Marina 10 watt preset mini heater. I don't think I'll get another of those as this one died in only a month...
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #2 
kjnewcome

I have this one for my 3g tank and it works great (so far that is, I've only had it for 3 weeks)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #3 
Seki

Does it keep the temp pretty steady? The thing I worry about the most is fluctuation.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

I'd get an adjustable one, for your fish's sake. How about Hydor THEOs? I have two of those, never stopped working. Even the one I got last year for my 3.5G.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #5 
kjnewcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki View Post
Does it keep the temp pretty steady? The thing I worry about the most is fluctuation.
My tank has been at a steady 78*. I've only had it for 3 weeks so I don't know how it will work long term.
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #6 
Seki

Lebron - Already tried an adjustable 25 watt Theo in there. Even on the lowest setting it can't keep the temp steady or in an acceptable range. The smallest I'd put a Theo in would be a 2.5, where it is now.

kjnewcome - I will look into that one, thanks.