Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #11 
9 Bettas

Fingers crossed! I've lost one that went like this, hopefully we can work it out before anymore suffer too much.
9 Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #12 
ScuitoAmi150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 Bettas View Post
Fingers crossed! I've lost one that went like this, hopefully we can work it out before anymore suffer too much.
Scary!
I thought he was doing a little better this morning but now he is laying around again.
I hope he didn't wear himself out flaring at my new betta (I don't have much space where the tanks are so I have to put Scuito's next to his).

I'm going to do a bunch of research tonight. I'll let you know if I find some clues.
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #13 
lilyrazen

Good Luck! My betta Wilson did this once but eventually went back to normal. I lost him over a year later so I'm pretty sure that wan't it.
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #14 
ScuitoAmi150

Did you do anything to treat it?

I found this:
http://bettysplendens.com/articles/p...?articleid=930
One of them says: pale, dull or gray. Stays at the bottom of the bowl only coming up for air.
due to - cold, stressed, vitamin deficiency. Treated with BettaMax

Last edited by ScuitoAmi150; 11-22-2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-23-2009, 05:02 AM   #15 
9 Bettas

I hope he didn't wear himself out flaring at my new betta (I don't have much space where the tanks are so I have to put Scuito's next to his).

As long as its not all day every day, flaring at other fish is actually good for them - good excersize. And as for 2 - 3 years old being old age, I had one live til at least 7!!

That diagnosis is sorta close. Mine just seem like they need to sink as soon as they have been up for air and always butt first. 2 at the moment are sitting up the top of the tanks between the heater and the glass, just under the surface. Black is just floating there and Levi is acutally using the plastic heater mount to sit on. Prince is hanging around the bottom of the tank but doesn't seem to be having as much trouble with the sinking as the other two.

Sam (Sambucca) was butt down, head up all the time, sometimes couldn't make it to the surface so I actually had to lower his water lever near the end just so he could breathe and feed if he wanted to. He actually ate right up til the last day.

Last edited by 9 Bettas; 11-23-2009 at 05:05 AM.
9 Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #16 
ScuitoAmi150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 Bettas View Post

As long as its not all day every day, flaring at other fish is actually good for them - good excersize. And as for 2 - 3 years old being old age, I had one live til at least 7!!

That diagnosis is sorta close. Mine just seem like they need to sink as soon as they have been up for air and always butt first. 2 at the moment are sitting up the top of the tanks between the heater and the glass, just under the surface. Black is just floating there and Levi is acutally using the plastic heater mount to sit on. Prince is hanging around the bottom of the tank but doesn't seem to be having as much trouble with the sinking as the other two.

Sam (Sambucca) was butt down, head up all the time, sometimes couldn't make it to the surface so I actually had to lower his water lever near the end just so he could breathe and feed if he wanted to. He actually ate right up til the last day.
I put something between their tanks so they couldn't see each other.
Mine have the same symptoms as yours do. My female as being laying at the top of the water lately, just sleeping, almost all the time. Kinda odd.
When Scuito goes up for air he comes down butt first, just like yours