Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #11 
Phantom Miria

Yes that is exactly where my name is from! ;D! I'd love to read the manga but haven't been able to find it for a reasonable price yet. I could always read it online... lol.
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #12 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Miria View Post
Yes that is exactly where my name is from! ;D! I'd love to read the manga but haven't been able to find it for a reasonable price yet. I could always read it online... lol.
Awesome! Yeah, I've been reading it online such a great manga!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #13 
Phantom Miria

Yeah I know!! My female is named after the main character ^_^ !!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #14 
BettaLover1313

Phantom Miria is one of my favorite characters too!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #15 
Rosencrantz32

lol Claymore wow... I had a friend who was buying that manga in high school. I can't remember how far into it we read... I've been thinking about it recently, though. Funny what pops up in a fish forum!! lol

Your tank looks really nice! I'm excited to see how it all turns out (and maybe learn something from your experiences along the way ;) )!
Rosencrantz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #16 
Phantom Miria

Yeah, I am pretty crazy about Claymore. My favorite character has to be a tie between the main, Miria and Teresa. I'll probably end up naming another one of my bettas Teresa, whoever gets along best with my girl now =p

Anyways, A bit of an update. NH3 levels still get high every day, but at a decreasing rate-

The dwarf lily has pretty much gotten past most of its death as expected. A lot of the red plants seem very healthy and to be growing, although that's hard to judge so early. The tank is pretty much aerated, not a whole lot of bubbles coming out now when I poke down. The substrate is pretty much done floating to the surface now as well. With all the plants I really feel like the tank needs a heavier bio-load. That and I want it stocked more lol.

All these tank changes are getting pretty old. Its not getting the water out that's the problem, its setting the big bucket of water on top of a crate on top of my bed to get gravity to feed it into the tank that is the problem (not to manage having to watch it like a hawk to make sure it doesn't tip). There's got to be a way to just pump it into the tank, how do you guys do it?

Last edited by Phantom Miria; 08-13-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...1&pcatid=24981

^that, you can let rest on the tank and put one end of the tubing into the bucket on the floor if the tank isn't too high and then the other end goes into the tank so it pulls up water and actually filters it more as it goes through as well and into the tank it goes! It's not super fast but it will help you!

I have a bucket that's roughly 3 gallons and I just lift it up and pour into the tank, I'm going to get one of those pumps one day though because my back is killing!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #18 
Phantom Miria

Not a bad idea, but 3.5GPH seems a bit slow to me o.O I end up picking up the bucket when it gets about half way and propping it on my shoulder to help feed it into the tank faster. I don't mind doing it, its just days like today after back day really suck, lol. I'll deal with it for now and stop bitching Xp
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #19 
Mashiro

I, personally, would much rather have something like this and completely do away with the bucket.

If only I could splurge on this....

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=23755

"Ultimate GravelVac eliminates heavy lifting by using water pressure from your faucet to effortlessly drain and fill your aquarium. Simple operation of the Super Pump sink attachment and Manual Valve provides complete water flow control when removing or adding water to your aquarium. Durable plastic construction for corrosion-free use."
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #20 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh well yes, I would love an auto-changer as well but I don't feel like splurging on that haha and yes it does pump slow but it still works well.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote