Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #1 
Gravemind123

A few questions

I had a few questions on potentially getting a few fish to live with Oranos once I get him out of his 1.5G tank and into something more substantial. With Christmas coming up, I may ask my mom or my dad to get me a new tank and related equipment.

My questions are:

1. I was thinking of getting a tank around 5-10 gallons in size, in the hopes that I could fit a school of about 5 tetra in with Oranos, would these fish get along well enough in this size?

2. Does anyone have any recommendations for a tank of that size, or one that would fit that many fish?(I would like to stay under $100 for this project after taking into account the price of the tank, heater and filter.)

3. If that is big enough, could I also add a shrimp or two as I go along?
Gravemind123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #2 
New2Betas

On the 27th Petsmart is having a sale on 10 gallon tanks with hood and light for $15. Also have filters on sale for $10. Walmart has heaters for $11. So the whole talk would be around $36 + whatever plants and gravel you get.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #3 
Gravemind123

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try to get to Petsmart on black friday then. I imagine it won't be as crowded as something like Walmart where people trample each other to get in.

Would a 10 gallon tank work well to house a betta, some tetra and maybe a shrimp or two? Do tetra and shrimp get along with each other in the same tank?
Gravemind123 is offline   Reply With Quote