Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #1 
Elaina

How Rude!

So I was at pet supplies plus today getting some more food for my cat, and I decided to stop by the fish section, to see if there were any good deals. There was another older woman there looking at the merchandise, and she started talking to me...
Woman: Do you have any fishtanks at home?

Me: Oh yeah, I have several of them.

Woman: Do you want some free parrotfish? Mine keep on having babies, I can't give them away fast enough.

Me: No thanks, I'm maxed out on my fish, and I only keep freshwater tanks.(I went on to describe them all)

Woman: Oh so you only have little tanks. Why do you like bettas anyways, they are just the Siamese fighting fish you know..?

Me:(stand there shocked for a second at her blatent rude comment) "Well
they're small easy to care for, and they look nice...?)

Woman: You should put a male and female together(her tone made it sound like I was an incomptent moron that knew nothing about bettas)

Me: No

Woman: Well I was just joking...

I just walked away from her after that. Her tone was just so rude, like clearly if the only fish I have are several bettas, I'm pretty passionate about them.
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #2 
New2Betas

Well I cant say what she is, so I'll say what rimes with it, WHICH!. ha ha. Some people...
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #3 
doggyhog

Gosh!! That is so rude! It seems like pet store employees should be NICE!!!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #4 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Betas View Post
Well I cant say what she is, so I'll say what rimes with it, WHICH!. ha ha. Some people...
righto!!!!!
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #5 
Elaina

She didn't work there, she was a customer. She was talking to the employees beforehand, and they seemed a little irritated with her too.
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #6 
New2Betas

She must have been one of those people that lives all alone and has nothing to do then hang out at the pet store and make herself feel important. How sad...
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #7 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
well some people are like that...
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I ran into a woman several months ago at Petsnart and she picked up 2 males. I asked her if she had any females. She said "oh no! I put a female with one of my males once and she gave him diseases!! " I thought it was probably dirty water that made him sick!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #9 
ScuitoAmi150

That was rude of her! I would've said something like: bettas are one of the most well known and most beautiful type of fish. Haha. People...
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #10 
lilyrazen

I always have people like that. the other day I was in walmart getting a snail and a guy was asking me questions about water condition, so I told him "Use the aqua safe in the aisle behind me it'll be fine if you let the tank run for a few days with out any fish, then add them" and he noded then asked about the water conditions on the military base, where he lives. I told him that asn long as they did add any chemicals RECENTLY then the tank would be fine. The the old guy working the fish section then started talking to him, telling him that it would kill off all his fish, and he should use bottled water. "It'll be fine with a little tank like that, and your Oscars will be happier, some people just have good luck with the conditioner but it'll probably kill your fish." I turned to the guy, raised and eyebrow and he chuckled. He had a 29 gallon tank in his cart. The old guy was also the one that marked the numbers wrong and gave me 4 adf for 3 bucks. Pshh, some people.
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote