Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #21 
Lethbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by k stiles View Post
wow they are sooooooo adorable, are those live plants, do you have good luck with them, and how, when I had one in with Lync it died, sorry for bombarding you with ?'s, but for breeding, it's probably good to know
Did you have the plant in the bowl that lync is in right now? And what type of plant was it? I am every experienced with plants and have a few heavily planted aquariums, if it was in a bowl with little to know ight i would strongly recommend java fern if that is not available try anabius, however i have found that anabius requires quite a bit of iron to stay green even though other websites may say otherwise. live plants not only provided a cool looking ornamate but it also provides oxygen for the fish and removes toxins from the water so essentially it is a filter. Sorry about the long post and being off topic
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #22 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
I have no idea what kind of plant it was, Idk if petsmart labels their plants

Last edited by k stiles; 11-25-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: petsmart not petco
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #23 
Lethbridge

Well was the plant in your fish bowl and actually tank? i have a feeling it was a med-high light plant because if it was low light it would have done quite well with just sunlight and no other light. How long did it live for?
Old 11-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #24 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
2-3 months
Old 11-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #25 
Lethbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by k stiles View Post
2-3 months
what kind of light was it getting? also i have a feeling it was a medium light plant that just slowly died, or it was like anabius or java fern and you buried the full root under the substrate and it died
Old 11-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #26 
k stiles

it was getting plenty of light (subtracting wisconsin rainy days)daily, it is not a java fern, but the roots were covered by minerals
Old 11-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #27 
Lethbridge

Okay well it mighthave been anabius however most plants cant just live off sunlight because out here the sunlight its not strong enough where as the places that these plants grow usually have direct sunlight as the they are very close to the equator. So even if it was a low level light plant there is a good chance that yes it would die