Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #1 
SaylorKennedy

Has anyone else noticed...

that since the holidays are here, the bettas in the store are getting less attention. I went to Petco tonight and the cups were dirtier than I've ever seen before. Usually they are so good about it. I think it might be since they're all busy now.
Sad.
I went through all the bettas and found 3 dead. I was going to give them to an employee but there was no one back there, so I left them on the counter for them. They had this white stuff coming off their bodies, so gross.
I did see one like dramaqueen's Fernando though. He looked very similar except that there wasn't white on his bottom fin, it was more peach. He was also building a bubblenest! AND I saw the smallest girl I have ever seen in my life. She was just shy of 3/4" and so skinny. I kind of wanted to buy her, but alas, I resisted.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #2 
ninjafish

Yeah I did notice that. I notice a lot of bettas with fin rot now, dirty cups, and tonight I saw a poor CT boy with a really bad case of pop eye. I wish I could have saved him. :(
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Petsmart is starting to get kind of bad about not taking care of their bettas. I'm always finding sick or dead ones.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #4 
New2Betas

I've seen a lot of fin rot and little guys laying on their side. Also lots of curled tails. Last week at the pet store I pointed out that there were several dead bettas. The lady said its from the draft coming in the fount door which the bettas are right in fount of.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #5 
doggyhog

Thankfully, the walmart near me is FRESH out of bettas! WHOO! :) LOL I haven't been to petco for a while, but they always have nasty cups. ):

I once saw a tiny tiny girl at petco too! She was like, ______ that long! The cup was like a mansion to her!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #6 
New2Betas

LOL doggyhog.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #7 
ScuitoAmi150

My Petco seems to be taking good care of theirs for now. I went in there Wednesday night & then went back on Friday & they were all relatively healthy. I think there was one that was dying though.

I saw this adorable female! Okay I think she was just adorable because she was so small. She was literally, ---------- that long (not including her fins).
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #8 
TianTian

I've been looking for a female lately. Been tossing the idea around of getting Cinder a mate, but the females I've seen lately look very poorly in my area. (I haven't hit up my beloved Fintique yet, though!)
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote