Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #1 
rickey
Banned

Raving of a mad man

I have no idea what this will become. I'll mostly talk a little about Bettas, a little about water chemistry, and a whole lot about the Goldfish I'm sure I'll talk about the family and work at times. I'll also have a few misspelled words and more that my share of Typo's, so be patient. There will be photo's and video's or it could just turn into a rant who knows

Rick
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Looking forward to the ravings!
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I love that show!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #4 
rickey
Banned

Just so this won't be a total waste of _____ 3 fat men in the pool

Rick
Old 07-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #5 
rickey
Banned

pH, kH, and gH

Monitoring pH in an aquarium indicates the moment when water should be changed or when to siphon the substrate. Excessive waste generates carbonic acid and reducing water pH value. Water hardness is very important for fish, having a major effect upon water pH and water stability, as well as on the fish osmoregulation - vital in maintaining fish health. According to data, fish survival rate is 100% for a hardness value of 140 - 180 mg/L and 94.5% for a hardness value of 250 mg/L. In the case of high values for water hardness, death rate increase is not significant, but it occur unpleasant effects upon young's growth and reproduction where the hatching rate is very small. The first noticeable sign is spawn whitening. Magnesium in water reveals, a survival rate of 100% for a concentration of 50 mg/l and 98% for a concentration of 120 mg/l. Magnesium concentration in water is highly related with calcium concentration, both influencing water hardness.
Calcium has a complex role for both aquatic organisms - by entering in their bone structure and participating to their metabolism, and for plants - by participating to the photosynthesis process. It also influences, along with magnesium, water hardness.
According to the results regarding calcium concentration in the tank, the survival rate was around 100% for a 150 mg/l concentration, 98.5% for a 200 mg/l concentration and 92% where calcium concentration is 300 mg/l.
In the case of the waters with a high calcium and magnesium concentration level (high hardness level), there can be noticed, especially in young fish, an early
bones' ossification, they cease to grow and they don't reach sexual maturity because of their undeveloped genital apparatus.
Ammonia concentration in water is related to water pH and temperature. For the water with low levels of both pH and temperature, ammonia maximum admitted limit is significant higher than the one in the water with high pH and temperature levels.
Concerning the nitrates, fish survival rate is approximately. 100% for a 5 mg/l concentration, 97% for a 70 mg/l concentration and 89% for a 100 mg/l concentration.
Concerning the nitrites, the survival rate is approximately. 100% for a 0.03 mg/l concentration, 98% for a 0.1 mg/l concentration and 75% for a 0.3 mg/l concentration.
Nitrites and nitrates to a lesser degree in high concentrations leads to fish' behavior changes: side swimming, water piping, bottom sitting and possible death.

Rick
Old 08-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #6 
rickey
Banned

Raccoons are the most worthless animal on the face of Gods Earth. Last night one broke into one of the breeder house and kill seven of my really good Goldfish. I wouldn't be so mad about it if he/she had actually ate the fish but they were all laying on the floor half eaten or laying there. They ain't no better that rats

Rick
Old 08-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #7 
rickey
Banned

Well it's almost time for the Fall DVD to go out to my customers so I'm shooting a lot video and taking a lot of picture of the Goldfish and after 6 hours of hard work yesterday I have 7 minutes of usable video this is turning into Honey Boo Boo in a hurry. I own a bunch of redneck goldfish

Rick
Old 08-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry about the raccoon's killing your goldfish. Also, it must have been very frustrating to work so long and hard on your video only to have 7 minutes of usable video.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #9 
rickey
Banned

It's all part of have a goldfish farm You take out of their stock-tanks and move them into aquariums to photograph and they either lay on the bottom like dead men or go round and round like race car. As far as raccoons they are a pretty big problem here they live around people and have no natural fear

Rick
Old 08-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #10 
shannonpwns

Maybe you need a watchdog to keep those raccoons out!
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote