Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #11 
ashleylyn

Don't do the zebra danios - I've tried it. They're fast swimmers and would really probably do best in a 20 long. Two of mine also jumped to their deaths. -__- Though maybe others have had better experiences lol!

I have guppies in with my sorority right now, and they've done great with my males too. Even the fancy tail ones I haven't had a problem with. I have the tequila sunrise ones and they're beautiful, colorful, and fun to watch. :) I have an albino cory too. They really are schooling fish, but many tend to only get one (which is what I did). He's absolutely adorable! And definitely seems content without other cories - he hangs out with the other fish just fine.

Last edited by ashleylyn; 08-15-2013 at 07:38 PM.
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #12 
Lupialex

Micho: I'm really torn about which fish to go for! D:
I've seen the cories and they're so cute, but I also like the ADF!
I might end up going with the 10 gallon tank and the combination you suggested.
Quick question though, could I do the ADF instead of the cories?
Sorry about all the back and forth, I just can't seem to make up my mind yet.

For sure, I plan to use a ton plants with sand as a cap. Still researching that.

RussellTheShihTzu: Thank you! It's great to have a place to ask all my crazy questions.
I think my LFS has Amano shrimp, so I (very) likely will get the Amano shrimp once my tank is cycled and mature.

ashleylyn: Yea, after doing some more reading, I did see that zebra danios do better in a 20 long.
I can't get over the cories. They're so cute! I've been spending too much time on Youtube just looking them up.
Lupialex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #13 
ashleylyn

Get at least one cory. I named mine Giuseppe. :D Cutest little thing ever. And they're so fun to watch! Plus he munches on all the food that drops, though I give him bottom feeder pellets too. Don't tell the bettas, but it may take them a while to win me over from him. :)
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:07 AM   #14 
Micho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupialex View Post
Micho: I'm really torn about which fish to go for! D:
I've seen the cories and they're so cute, but I also like the ADF!
I might end up going with the 10 gallon tank and the combination you suggested.
Quick question though, could I do the ADF instead of the cories?
Sorry about all the back and forth, I just can't seem to make up my mind yet.

For sure, I plan to use a ton plants with sand as a cap. Still researching that.
Yes you could do the ADF instead of cories.

Betta / 2 ~ 4 ADFs / 2 ~ 6 Ghost Shrimps

If you go for 3 or more ADFs, stick with lower numbers of Ghost Shrimps, if you get only a pair of ADFs, you can go for more Ghost Shrimps. :)

I'm not sure if ADF will harm the shrimps or not though, they might chomp them up, I've never had ADF so I wouldn't know.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #15 
Betta Adventures

I had some shrimp with my bettas. It really depends on the betta. One of my bettas will not leave the shrimp alone even with a lot of cover and... well...
but the other betta did really well and left them alone.
I finally decided to do a big shrimp bowl though. They've colonized better there and the mosses are so pretty!
Betta Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #16 
Lupialex

Thank you for the help everyone!
I think I will end up going with the betta, ADF and shrimp. Of course, it will depend on the the betta's temperament. Hopefully, I'll have a tank set up in the coming weeks.
:)
Lupialex is offline   Reply With Quote