Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #1 
Starchild21

In love with back of tank?!

Right so I brought a new betta a last week, he is doing perfectly fine and is eating.
Except he loves swimming back and forth looking at his refection in the back of the tank, I'm not talking about when he gets bored or anything he legit does it 24/7, could someone maybe give me some advice on how to stop him doing this of cover it up so he stops, I've tried putting plants at the back to cover it up but he still does it :S
I've also found out that he doesn't like the whole two meals a day thing, maybe he just isn't just to being actually fed as the pet shop were quite bad, he won't eat his morning pellets but loves his night ones, is this ok or should I just keep offering him pellets in the morning until he get's used to the idea?

Thank you guys :D
Starchild21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:18 AM   #2 
FirstBetta

He probably thinks that he is looking at another betta. He will continue to do this until he is sure that betta isn't a threat. Even though you covered the back with plants he has a memory of the other fish. If he isn't flaring and exhausting himself that's probably OK. The only way to stop it is to do something to stop the reflective quality of the tank wall and I don't have a clue about to do that in your tank, Sorry.
FirstBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #3 
Starchild21

Thank you, he isn't flaring at all he is a really calm dude doesn't even flair at my other fishy children.
Hopefully he will just stop doing this before I have to try and attempt to but something to block the reflection.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #4 
Meggie6347

If you end up having to block the reflection, you can cover the back of the tank with something white, like tape a white piece of cloth, paper towel, or paper on the back.... It worked with mine when my Walter was doing the same thing. For whatever reason, the white seems to matte the reflection :)
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #5 
Starchild21

Thank you, he has calmed down a bit and built me a nice bubble nest so hopefully he knows that his reflection is safe :)