Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #1 
BettaNewbie1

Baffling the filter AND feeding Q's

I wanted to make sure I did this correctly before adding our bettas into their new tank (which is divided). Does this look correct/safe for them?

(A little bit sticking into the tank as you can see)

I used something like this Fluval foam insert and just folded it and used a rubber band to hold it in place. The "current" from the water flowing back into the tank is much calmer now.

ALSO, a question about food. I've read/heard various frequencies to feed the fish. What is the general rule of thumb on how much and how often? Have heard anywhere from one time every other day to 3x's a day!

Thanks!
BettaNewbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Seems like a good baffle. (: I think you did it just fine.

As for the food... In the wild, bettas usually eat whenever they get the chance. Thus, people think they're piggies and are starving all the time. They usually eat small meals, multiple times per day. I usually try to feed my bettas around 4-5 times per day, just to try and remake the wild stimulus. How much depends on the size of the food. For example, I feed NLS. The pellets are really small so I usually grab a pinch and let the pellets drop down, one by one to count. I usually stop and 3 or 5. For Omega, I think 2 or 3 pellets will be just fine. (note: this is several times a day, not once.)

The betta stomach isn't actually big as their eyes, the brain is as big as their eyes get. :D
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote