Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #11 
Raging

Oh my gosh! I can't believe the bag ripped! D: I am so glad your fish is okay!

I wish I had advice, but I'm kind of a newbie too. I bought my first non pet store betta from Chard a couple of days ago- he should ship Monday or Tuesday. I am SO nervous. I thought ordering from within the U.S. would help, but I still have nerves.

Do you have any pictures of your new friend?
Raging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #12 
kalliburr

I have a video actually! The best pic of him is my avatar pic. He's actually pretty small. I named him Dorian "The Immortal Gyarados" Grey. He's blue and yellow, so I was torn between Dorian (male version of Dory from Finding Nemo) and Gyarados, also JD from Scrubs is awesome (another Dorian), and Dorian Grey the guy who has a portrait of himself that ages instead of him and thus he can never die unless he looks at his portrait. I'm still contemplating getting an acrylic key chain with a picture of an upside down betta fish skeleton, removing the metal part, and tying it to a rock in the tank and covering it with a leaf as a joke. All because he survived incredibly his journey to me. xD

Pic of the keychain I'm considering: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...g?t=1376851978

Video of my fish: http://youtu.be/LI_zlmj2joY
kalliburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #13 
kalliburr

Also, the bag ripped during transport between Sacramento and Los Angeles (basically where I live). So it really just depends. I don't even know how it happened. Fortunately, Dorian was in a bag inside of a bag, wrapped in newspaper, inside a styrofoam container inside a box. The styrofoam box kept in a lot of the water, but that too began to leak. Fortunately, the UPS deliver lady noticed the leak, saw that the box had a live fish in it, and went straight for my house and was like, "Don't bother signing, the box is leaking, come back after you know it's okay!" She was awesome. I called the UPS people and told them she deserved a raise. xD
kalliburr is offline   Reply With Quote