Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #141 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol that's adorable! I wish mine would use the mesh tunnels when I put them in there :-/ none of them ever did though! I think mine were spoiled from floating water sprite :-/ oh well haha

They seem to be doing well though, being so close to each other! That's great ^_^
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #142 
Huffle Puffles

Yep, every single one of the boys sleep in their meshy tunnel, even Koji stops to lay in his if they aren't sleeping behind the heaters. But yea, I think I would rather lay in soft water sprite too. :D Maybe someday they will have that option. My plants are still alive, no rotting from what I can see yet. Keeping fingers crossed.
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #143 
BettaLover1313

They sound like Merlin & his betta log! Dragoon just sleeps on his leaf hammock, on the filter lip (-.-'), or where ever he decides is comfortable!

It's good that they're getting along so well and mostly ignoring each other, from the sounds of it!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #144 
Huffle Puffles

Well, they were getting along. Woke up this morning and Skully was in the corner bent over like he was dying. Found Ramses wedged as far in the corner near Skully as he could get, like he was taunting him. So I quickly pulled them both out, washed out Skully's tank completely, threw in a little extra stress coat and an IAL and plopped him back in. Ramses is back in his tank, the weathers a little warmer and his heater should be here tomorrow, so he'll just have to deal. The waters at about 76 degrees, not ideal, but not freezing. 'Tis what he gets for being a meanie face. I had to leave so I told Skully to feel better and hoped for the best. Made sure to leave the dividers up between tanks and left my blinds down so it would be dark and they could rest. Came home and Skully is zooming around his tank like "ITS MINE, ALL MIIIIIINE!!!" He also ate like a piggy. SO RELIEVED!!! So, 10 gallon split tank idea, OUT THE WINDOW! Which is fine. Now I'm thinking trying a 5.5 for Koji again, he was terrified of it when I first got him, but I think going from cup to big open area would terrify anyone. He swims like crazy so maybe he'd enjoy the space now. So that would leave his tank open to upgrade Ramses from the 2.5 to the 3 gal Critter Keeper. Considering a 5.5 for Mysti too, she's a swimmer and an explorer. She seriously uses every inch, plant, decoration in her tank. So then I could put Harley in her 3 gal Critter Keeper and tada, everyone would be in 3 gallons or more. Thinking out loud again! LOL, is anyone else this indecisive? *face palms*

Weeeee tank is all miiiiine

Oh crud...you aren't gonna put that weirdo back in here, ARE YOU?!

Seriously...

I'M A CREEPER!

Becoming such a photogenic boy

I caught a bloodworm and it was thiiiiiiiiiis big!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #145 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Omg I love the comment: "I'm a creeper!" lol and Mysti's comment omg, I died laughing! That's so cute ^_^

That's okay, I think out loud as well, especially when I'm starting up the Betta Shuffle >.< always interesting!!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #146 
Huffle Puffles

Lol, thank you! haha. He really IS a creeper though. That's what he was doing to poor Skully. XD

Good to know I'm not the only one! ^_^
Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #147 
BettaLover1313

lol loved the captions, especially Skully's of "You're not putting that weirdo back in here?!" and Mysti's "It was thiiiis big!" Loved it!

Glad to hear that Skully and Ramses are okay after their little freak out. Sometimes it just doesn't work when you put two bettas in a divided tank :/.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #148 
Inkwell

O my mysti's "this big" is adoraaaaaable!
Inkwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #149 
Huffle Puffles

Yea, I'm glad that I found out before I went and put a 10 gallon together, that would of sucked, lol.

Thanks! When I saw Mysti like that I just had to laugh. I could totally hear her fibbing to the boys about how she caught the biggest worm!

Story that has nothing to do with fish:
Stopped by Pet Supply today to price out some tanks and as I'm driving home I look out my back window and see what I think is the biggest pile of bird doodie ever. Well, next thing I know said bird doodie jumps! It was a poor little tree frog that hitched a ride. So of course I start looking for a place I can pull over but I didn't want to leave him on the highway area like that, so I just drove as slow as I could and kept looking out my rear view yelling "hold on little froggy don't jump!" Found a parking lot and I saw behind one of the buildings a grassy area and what looked like a water run off or a small pond if it rained. Grabbed a CD sleeve and tried to coax him onto it and he wasn't having it, he kept jumping away from me, so finally I got in front of him, sternly told him to get on the sleeve and to not jump in my face. He looked at me with such eyes of relief like "OH THANK GOD YOU STOPPED THE CAR". So I said, okay, take a 30 second breather and get on...and funny enough...he got on shortly after. But of course...wouldn't be one of my stories if it didn't have a catch. He got on the sleeve for a second then jumped on my arm, curled up and just sat there. I ended up shrieking from just the surprise of it. Haha. And of course!, there was a construction crew on the side and they came over to the fence I think to look at me like "what in the world is that crazy lady doing" hahaha. Oh well. I got him to a nice fluffy patch of grass, said farewell and came home. I really hope he's able to live his life out there happily. I don't really know where he hitched the ride from, but if it was from the previous place he was at least a 20 minute ride away from where he started. And I was very relieved to find a stack of antibacterial wipes in my car. Told my mom about it when I came home and she replied with "I'm surprised you didn't get another tank and bring it home too!" LOL she knows me well.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #150 
BettaLover1313

Aw! The froggie sounds so cute!