Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #21 
Mashiro

One day... >.>
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #22 
Phantom Miria

Lol I love how splurging on betta's is like a few hundred dollars versus other hobbies of mine... splurging on my car is like $2,000 LOL.

But that does look like a good kit.. I might end up getting that or something similar down the line. I especially like the 'cleaning claw' aspect. My grrl is really curious and always goes up to my siphon like 'ooooh I wonder if I can get away fast enough before getting sucked up!!' I'm always like -.-
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #23 
Phantom Miria

I went ahead and did a tank change today. The NH3 levels were around .5ppm but that was after two days. While siphoning water out, I noticed some dark yellow/orange-ish liquid near the rear end of the Colosseum and a bit on the floor of it. I siphoned it out and noticed a dead snail behind the Colosseum (not sure if the two are related). The little guy must have climbed it and fell, like they like to do and wasn't able to get back on his feet. I wasn't able to see and attend to him sooner because the back kind of indents a little bit (which may have contributed to his death) and the substrate has mixed together a little bit with the cap, they blend in well with the substrate. I fished him out and covered the area with some sand which is now level and capped with the rest of the aquarium. So now I think I have six or seven nerites.

On a good note I have two female betta's coming in the next week and the local betta shop is getting me 3-4 CT's as well. The plants seem to be continuing to do fine as does my grrl.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yay females!!!! lol
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #25 
Phantom Miria

Not a whole lot to update, NH3 levels still a bit high, doing every other day/3 day tank changes. Clarissa has found her hang out spot under one of the giant hygro leafs -

Also I noticed something about one of the red plants today, it seems to be producing popcorn shapped bud things from where the leaf meets the stem -

Not sure what it is, but the plants seem to be doing really good. I think taking out the air stone was a good idea, I'm thinking of taking out the air stone in the sponge filter too.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #26 
Mar

I'm pretty sure those popcorn buds are roots?
Idk, don't take my word for it xD
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #27 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

the little white things are roots, the buds coming off are just that; new plant stems will be growing there shortly ^_^
Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #28 
Phantom Miria

yay! Good sign for the plants then I take it lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #29 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yup!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #30 
Phantom Miria

Wow, it seems like I'm either sitting around doing nothing or super busy! I finally got some really good work up here today and was out for a good 9 hours. Anyways, I have some very exciting news First of all, I did a tank change today and found some weird semi clear spider web type of stuff at the bottom of my AQ. I did my best to vacuum it out, I can only imagine its some kind of algae or something that is forming around the plants. But what I also noticed was a SUPER huge leaf that belongs to my red tiger lotus bulb!!!!!!!!

I know its hard to see in that picture but my tiger lotus' leaves have never been over half an inch in size before dying. This leaf is like 3" long!!!! I think I have a good chance of my tiger lotus actually blooming which is one of my AQ dreams lol.

Anyways the news gets even better, I went to the AQ shop on my lunch and picked up four new young betta crown tails!!!!!!!!!!! They are all very healthy looking active and very playful -

^This girl looks a lot like Clarissa. I'm still debating on a lot of names :3

^This girl is really pretty and looks like she will crown very nicely!

^This girl is a bet peculiar, she is a few different shades of grey and has quite a spiky dorsel fin, lol.

Okay I was planning on picking up three blue crown tails and I had already ended up with three that were pretty diverse (who wants all the same right? I was starting to realize this lol). But then I saw this girl starring right at me. I instantly melted and had to have her as well!! D:

The guy at the AQ shop must have thought I was a pretty big tard for squeeing at this girl but I couldn't help it lol. She doesn't have lipstick but I love the red she has on her crowns and she is just so pretty. The picture doesn't do her much justice =p

I have two more older female betta's that were supposed to come in the mail today as well but they haven't yet and I'm a bit worried =\ but other than that its been a great day lol.