Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #11 
cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Get more Betta's for them? lol I'm a terrible influence I know! XD
You bet you are lol. I now have 3 bettas and 3 2 gallons. As much as I would like more (especially a dark purple dumbo) I don't think I could handle it. I've reached my limit.

I was thinking of a purple snail but changed my mind. I just thought it would be fun if these guys had someone to play with.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

hehe

yeah, 3 is a good number! The only reason I have so many is because most of them are in my sorority so it doesn't technically count I guess lol but I've got 8 tanks set up and I'm starting to get overwhelmed with it, soon though two of them will be headed to a new home, actually 3, so that will free up two tanks that I won't have to take care of anymore. I don't think I'll ever have this many boy's again except for when breeding which we plan to do soon as well.

There are purple Ramshorn snails you could get if you still wanted one, they'd be okay in a 2 gallon, I just suggest keeping up with your water changes and having a planted tank will really help out
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #13 
cowboy

Wow that many tanks is way too overwhelming to me. It will be nice when you can cut back a little. I see the attraction, boy can I but I know my limit. By the way I had another betta in my hand on Saturday tell I heard "put that betta down" in a stern voice lol. They are addictive. I'll think about that snail. What you doing with the other tanks?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm keeping the tanks for now, they're just a 1 gallon QT tank and a 2.5 Mini-Bow which may be used down the line for breeding or if I find one of my girls isn't co-existing the sorority peacefully until she finds another home. But right now all my girls are doing well

8 wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to do water changes on some of them every other day, if they were all bigger tanks like my 33 gallon, it would be much easier to care for

Ug my friend and I popped into one of our PetCo's today just to take a gander at the plants and such because she needed some and I found this beautiful, stressed out King Betta. I've been wanting a King or a real Giant and I will own one before my life is up but I put my finger to his little cup and he tried to eat my finger and my heart melted. Geeze, I'm such a sucker lol I didn't get him though, but he was so cute and not the normal black body, blue/green irid that most of their King's have. One day though, one day!

One day we'll all be rich and famous and can have as many tanks as we want because we can hire people trustworthy to take care of our tanks lol
Old 08-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #15 
cowboy

Amen sister lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol

That day should be....oh idk, tomorrow? haha I'll keep dreaming big while I finish off my art degree >.<
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #17 
cowboy

Dream big and you will reach the stars. Good luck with the degree!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #18 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yup! This is true and thank you