Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #11 
ashleylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging View Post
Wow, that is an impressive board fee! That's more than my old apartment's rent. I get to keep my horse on family land behind our house so I guess I should be grateful for that.

I have an army boyfriend also :) He just got back from Korea. I'm glad he's home, I just wish he weren't so far away.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not pursuing some kind of animal degree now. My family discouraged me from it, but hey, I'm unemployed anyway, lol.
We used to have my mares at my house which was really nice, but I gave them away and a couple of years later got a gelding more suited to me. We sold all of our fencing and stable though, so boarding was the only option. Mediocre places are $600 near me, where I'm at should be $1000+ so $720 is a steal, but it's still really more than we can afford. But the care is so good so we're trying to stick it out as long as we can.

Aw, I'm glad you have him back home! My bf commissioned as a 2LT this past May and will be going to flight school at Ft. Rucker, Alabama. Just waiting on orders - the sequester delayed things. But I get to keep him here with me a little longer, so I'm okay with it. One more year of school and I'll be able to go with him! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
The "poor" college student has endless possibilities and money when they finish. You wouldn't be able to save many on minimum wage. Good things come to those who study and wait:) trust me
I sure hope so! I've worked my butt off at Rutgers, which made the top 100 best universities in the world this past year! I have nearly a 3.9 GPA and I've never taken school lightly, so I'm praying it pays off. :)
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #12 
Raging

Oh my gosh! Flight school! That's awesome!

I'm from Alabama :) Ft. Rucker is about four hours from me. From there, it's only about two hours to the beach!
Raging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #13 
ashleylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging View Post
Oh my gosh! Flight school! That's awesome!

I'm from Alabama :) Ft. Rucker is about four hours from me. From there, it's only about two hours to the beach!
Are there a lot of horse farms near Ft. Rucker?! That's my big concern! My boy is definitely coming with me. I know the base has stables too, but I'm not sure if they're exactly what I'm looking for. He's an Arabian, I do dressage/pleasure/trail with him. :)

I can't wait to go back south.. I was born in FL. I hate NJ personally haha
Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #14 
countyrd419

I too am a college student who will start classes next week. I attend Seminole State College. For those of you who live in Orlando, FL -- you know what school I am talking about. I just went to my local campus in Oviedo today to see if I could buy some of my books. None were in stock so I went on amazon.com to do some comparison shopping. I am so glad I did. One of the books that I needed is $20 cheaper on amazon than of course of the bookstore which those of you know who are in college are just outrageous. I do feel your pain. Try to get your books either from amazon.com or chegg.com (this is a website that sells textbooks at a cheaper rate if they sell the books you need).
Unfortunately, some of the books that I needed were out of stock.

Of course I did some shopping for Rusty before my school year begins. I ordered the Top Fin Gravel Cleaner from Petsmart to help in cleaning his tank.
It will be awhile before I get anything for him; until Christmas. I wish all of you a good Fall semester.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #15 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I will join the ranks of you poor students in 2 weeks. :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #16 
Raging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleylyn View Post
Are there a lot of horse farms near Ft. Rucker?! That's my big concern! My boy is definitely coming with me. I know the base has stables too, but I'm not sure if they're exactly what I'm looking for. He's an Arabian, I do dressage/pleasure/trail with him. :)

I can't wait to go back south.. I was born in FL. I hate NJ personally haha
I haven't spent a lot of time down there, to be honest. There aren't just a ton of established stables here, but I doubt you would have trouble renting pasture space for cheap. Most people here ride western- I would kill to learn English riding!

You'll like it here :) This summer has been super mild so we're all bracing ourselves for a cold winter. My boyfriend is originally from Florida also! This is starting to become a bizarre "things in common" list XD
Raging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #17 
ashleylyn

Seriously! Maybe you're my twin separated from me. :p

So many gorgeous females on Ebay I want to add to my sorority... anybody love me? ;D Haha
Old 08-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #18 
BettaLover1313

I'm also a poor college student, I head back up to Wisconsin in 4 days with my two boys. I REALLY wish I could get more bettas, but the tank size limit is a 10 gallon tank (only one per person T-T), and my 5.5 will be interesting enough to clean without trying to do 10 gallons. So no new fishies for me either...
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #19 
ashleylyn

Luckily I only live 35 minutes away from Rutgers, so I'm able to come home and do my water changes for my sorority. And my animal crazy mother (gee, no wonder why I love animals so much) will feed my fish for me. Altair, my male CT, will be coming to school with me in his 3 gallon though. :)
Old 08-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #20 
FishCat13

I feel your pain! I just finished being a broke college student in May! Now I'm a broke graduate! I got my degree in music education, and if anyone's familiar with the crazy budget cuts to NC schools, you understand why I don't have a job yet. I moved back home with my mom and am going to become a substitute. I can't seem to explain to my mom why I love keeping bettas! She also doesn't understand what all goes into really caring for fish. But at least she trusts me... Sort of.
FishCat13 is offline   Reply With Quote