Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #1 
LadyNightraven

Good-quality food makes a world of difference!

I was finally able to get some Omega One Betta Buffet for Rakki, and we fed him his first meal of the new pellets this morning. He seems so much more energetic today!

He'd only been getting two of his old Aquarian brand pellets a day because they expand a lot and I didn't want him to bloat or end up with swim bladder issues. We plan to feed two Omega One pellets in the morning and two at night. Does that sound about right for an adult betta? I also got him some freeze-dried bloodworms for a weekly treat. He'll be getting his first one on Monday in place of his evening pellets.
LadyNightraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #2 
darkangel

very true.

I feed only new life spectrum or omega one, imo, better colors and weight in my boys!
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #3 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I noticed a big difference in all my fish soon after I switched to NLS... Better colour, weight, and energy. It was awesome to see!

I think six to eight oo pellets a day would be better, but then again, I don't use it as my fishes main diet.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #4 
Seki

I feed a mixture of Omega One and NLS along with supplemented frozen bloodworm treats and I am looking into feeding live BBS as occasional treats as well. If I am feeding NLS, my fish get 10-12 apiece. I have the small fish NLS formula, so the pellets are extremely small. I find that a couple of my fish that have issues with Omega One (presumably because they are larger) perked right up with NLS. I feel Omega One has slightly better nutrition, though, so I don't intend to give it up. When feeding Omega One, my fish get 5-6 pellets each. I really never see bloat because there isn't the same amount of icky fillers cheaper brands of food use.
Seki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #5 
Polkadot

I also noticed the difference NLS pellets made straight away.NLS = Happy Boys & brighter colours!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #6 
Torla

This makes me excited -- bettas I've fed in the past usually got generic betta flakes. But this time around I bought the Omega One pellets, which Romeo seems to love. I'm excited to see if his color deepens. He's already so colorful and full-finned for a PetSmart alum; any improvements would just be icing on the cake!
Torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:39 PM   #7 
lachlan

hi, what is a good website to buy omega-one food. also what is "NLS" i really wanna get some good food for my little guy:) . the stuff I have is full of fillers.

Thanks,
lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #8 
LittleBettaFish

Not sure where to get Omega One, but NLS stands for New Life Spectrum. My fish (well those who take pellets) are on it, and you definitely notice a difference in colouration and condition.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #9 
LadyNightraven

Petsmart and Petco both carry Omega One food. I ordered mine from Petsmart's website.
LadyNightraven is offline   Reply With Quote