Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #51 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Where did you look for the KanaPlex? I do think it's worth it to get it and at least try it, it may just be the thing that she needs to get back on her fins!

And the poop looks normal, just small. What were you feeding her and was she still eating well?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #52 
blufish425

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Where did you look for the KanaPlex? I do think it's worth it to get it and at least try it, it may just be the thing that she needs to get back on her fins!

And the poop looks normal, just small. What were you feeding her and was she still eating well?

I looked online, I just googled it and a bunch of sites came up that carry it but shipping is expensive and slow no matter which place I order from. Im going to call my LFS tomorrow when they are open but I doubt they have it. They are worse than petsmart and shouldn't be allowed to own fish. Do you have a website you prefer to order from?

Im feeding her omega one pellets, and since I took her out of the maracyn her appetite is back. She spent all of yesterday in just clean water and last night I added 1 tsp of Epsom salt back in. Should I try the maracyn II again while Im waiting for the kanaplex?
blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #53 
blufish425

Also, Ive been reading cases where it took people months to get rid of their fishes SBD, is it possible that is really all she has? Or are we pretty sure there is something bacterial causing it?
Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #54 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm pretty sure there's something bacterial going on. SBD usually doesn't make a fish bloat up like that, they may get it FROM the bloating but it's usually either; constipation, parasites or bacterial in nature. Since she doesn't have parasites or constipation, next step is bacterial. I would definitely try the Maracyn II again with the 1 tsp/gal Epsom salt mixture until the KanaPlex arrives.

I like to order from drsfosterandsmith.com or thatpetplace.com most of all and then ebay/aquabid/amazon for other stuff when I need it.

And good for the Omega, just wanted to make sure she was on some good food ^_^
Old 08-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #55 
blufish425

Started her back on the maracyn II. She's not looking so hot again today, refusing food, so hopefully this helps. I will order the kanaplex tonight. Hoping it arrives within the week.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #56 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay, keep us updated then. I hope she responds well to the Maracyn II, I do expect better results from KanaPlex though so that should be all well!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #57 
blufish425

I will, thanks again!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #58 
blufish425

Update

She's still hanging on. The second round of Maracyn II doesnt seem to be doing the trick, although she is a bit less sideways. She seems very frustrated, and hasn't been eating. Im hoping the Kanaplex gets here soon, but Im betting its mid next week before I get it.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #59 
blufish425

Kanaplex arrived today, I've done the first dose, will update if anything changes. Ive decided I'm not going to euthanize her or anything but if this doesn't work Im not trying any more medication on her. I've tried pretty much everything with her anyways.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #60 
LittleBlueFishlets

The Kanaplex should help if she has an internal bacterial infection.

I can't remember, and this thread is 6 pages long.... Did you try treating for parasites? This would have involved a medication that contains metronidazole and praziquantel. For example, API General Cure, etc.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote