Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #1 
Eljazo

Parasites?

Hi! I'd like a bit of help with my new Cambodian. I think she has internal parasites, but I'm not sure. She's had this one... poo.. thats been there for about a day. It's not coming out, and It's a weird color. It's striped brown and white, and I heard that if it's white then the fish might have internal parasites?
I've only had her for 2 days, and I feed her a mixture of bloodworms and Betta flakes. My other two are fine, and I feed them the same things.
I'm starting to worry because a lot of the bettas at the petshop where I got her from are dying. they're usually in really good health...
Maybe it's the change in water? The tank she's in is unfiltered and unheated, but I'm getting a better tank soon. In the petshop it had a filter and a light...

Man, I'm terrible at this..
Eljazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #2 
bettaowner101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljazo View Post
Hi! I'd like a bit of help with my new Cambodian. I think she has internal parasites, but I'm not sure. She's had this one... poo.. thats been there for about a day. It's not coming out, and It's a weird color. It's striped brown and white, and I heard that if it's white then the fish might have internal parasites?
I've only had her for 2 days, and I feed her a mixture of bloodworms and Betta flakes. My other two are fine, and I feed them the same things.
I'm starting to worry because a lot of the bettas at the petshop where I got her from are dying. they're usually in really good health...
Maybe it's the change in water? The tank she's in is unfiltered and unheated, but I'm getting a better tank soon. In the petshop it had a filter and a light...

Man, I'm terrible at this..
Sounds like Internal Parasites to me! I might be wrong because I've never had a betta with Internal Parasites. Try to get the fish some Meds and she'll be fine. Also, When can you get the new tank? It would be a lot better if your new tank was heated and filtered.
bettaowner101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #3 
Eljazo

Thanks! I'll pester mum to drive me to the pet shop later.
I might pick up a tank later today, but it might take up to a week until I can get one. I'm going to get a large tank and divide it into 3 spaces. I'll get a heater and filter too. They have some nice tanks on sale right now, lets hope I have enough money.
Eljazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:34 AM   #4 
AlexXx

Usually white poo means Internal Parasites, but she may just be constipated, maybe fast her for a day. Make sure hes not getting skinnier and try to get a glimpse of her next poo, maybe keep in her a bare bottom bowl or tank just for a few days so u can observe her/him.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote