Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #21 
BettaxFishxCrazy

That's ridiculous! That makes me so upset! Before getting a dog or any kind of animal, you have to do research. My neighbors gave their Pembroke Welsh Corgi to my other neighbors and they take horrible care of him! I have a Corgi also and they have interesting personalities and they don't fit everyones lifestyles. They don't groom him, when you pet him, huge clumps of hair fall off and they have a double coat! They also let him roam free around the neighborhood and I've almost hit him a couple times. I asked them the last time I brought him back to their house why they don't keep him on a leash and she said, "Well he keeps on barking". He also figured out how to open up the screen door, these dogs are highly intelligent and my neighbor told my mom one time that he was just a dumb dog...I told my mom that she should've said, no, he's the smart one, YOU'RE the dumb one. They're giving him away and I really want to keep him, but we have 3 dogs already. :(
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #22 
JaspersANGEL

I have kinda the same problem as dramaqueen with my neighbor's who have this dog, Bear, this sweet golden retriever mix.
They ignore her, apart from feeding her, she has no attention at all. That's where I come in, she's practically my dog now, I trained her, play with her ... She doesn't listen to her owner's but she listen's to me.
I plan on buying her from them one day!!

But from what I know..you can't tell others how to treat their pets..just hope for the best..
I am no expert .. just call your local SPCA to ask them what you can do...
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #23 
SaylorKennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexXx View Post
Im glad the authorities did not have to get involved. My g/fs parents have some kinda of Bichon and they groom it once a week... and brush its teeth, those dogs need lots of care.
Yeah. My dog is a Yorkie Bichon, but he mostly has the bichon hair so he gets groomed every month. Usually every 4-6 weeks, especially since we want to keep the puppy cut on him, then he's so cute. :3 But I still give him a bath between the groomings as he sleeps with me. I do brush his teeth as well.

This is about as long as his hair gets, although it might be a bit longer now. This was last week and he's getting groomed on Monday.

Then this is usually what he looks like after grooming. Quite a difference, mind you these are about 4 weeks apart.

So I can't imagine what a full on bichon would like like without proper grooming.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

Their coats mat very easily so they need to be groomed regularly.
Your dog is cute!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #25 
SaylorKennedy

Thanks.
He's spoiled, but that's okay. :)
I just found out that we may be getting one of his little sisters! The breeder we got him from has another batch of puppies and my mom was looking at them tonight!
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #26 
Jupiter

Ugh! What is the point of getting an animal if you can't care for it properly?! Not grooming your dog could lead to health problems too, can't it?

It's a good thing she finally made an appointment, but bad that it took somebody else to actually tell her to do it. :T
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, Angel has several issues going on right now. My neighbor took her to the vet because she thought Angel was having bladder problems again She's been urinating on herself so she has to be wiped with baby wipes every day to prevent her skin from burning from the ammonia. The vet is going to clean her teeth. She has abscesses under her molars. Hopefully, this will help the bad breath.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote