Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #1 
KawaiiRainbowMuffin

Exclamation Help! My Betta is sick!

Hello everyone I need your help asap!
I recently got my new and 1st ever Betta named Sushi 6 days ago from walmart. He is battling a mild case of fin rot right now so I have been doing 100% water changes every 2 days. His fin rot seems to be getting better, slowly but surely, but just earlier today I noticed some new signs.

I noticed on Sushi's left pectoral fin seems to have a white dot on it, and he does not have any white on his body! Also his right pectoral fin seems to be clamped a little or it is just smaller than his other one. I figured that was just how he was born because he swims fine.

Next I noticed that his ventral fins (which had some fin rot on them) look a little strange. Half way down his ventral fins it is just like a white string. I know his fin rot is getting better but is that normal? Also the tip of his anal fin looks a little torn and white-ish, there is nothing sharp or rough in the tank so is it fin rot? What is the white stuff?

The newest discovery I made was today, while I was observing him I noticed the tip of his caudal fin was black and further up was grey/see-through. It was like that when I got him but it seems to have spread more and is almost halfway up to his body! Also in the center of all that grey/see-throughness is a white-ish dot as well!

Does he have a parasite? I have QuickCure but will that work? I have almost no money because I am a college student. He is eating fine and flaring all about and plays with the gravel in his tank. His color has been coming back so I did not think much about the strange dot and his fins but now I am concerned.

I do have a live bulb in the tank that will sprout in a couple weeks and I believe it is a type of dwarf lily plant? Could the bulb be doing anything to him?? Help me please! D:
KawaiiRainbowMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #2 
KawaiiRainbowMuffin

Here are some pics, I know the white dot is hard to see but Sushi hates staying still! D:
KawaiiRainbowMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illness, noob help, sick betta