Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #1 
majortrencher

Unsure

My betta is close to three years old and I have a question. When I first got him he was brightly colored and his tail was flowing. I was about 11 and got caught up in school and forgot about my fish. He was in a place where I didn't pass by him often and I usually forgot to feed him. This past summer I started feeding him and cleaning his bowl. His color is coming back and he is shedding skin and growing. He is still very small and his tail doesn't look like it used to. He seems happy though and blows bubble nest. Should I be concerned?
majortrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #2 
darkangel

well, if he was kind of left behind, its a good thing to start cleaning his tank regularly and make sure he is fed! if he is pictured in your profile pic, that container probably needs to be changed every 3-4 days.

fish like a rabbit, dog, etc shouldn't be forgotten about once life gets busy, if that happens, its probably best to find them someone who has the time for them.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #3 
majortrencher

I feed him every morning and I give him a bit at night if he doesn't eat what I give im in the morning. I clean his bowl about every five days and I put Betta Solution in it. He seems happy and he is in my room now so he won't be forgotten again. Thanks for the advice!
majortrencher is offline   Reply With Quote