Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #11 
jacknchloe

Well I am back from Petsmart. Got a small heater and just placed it in the tank. I also got thermometer to put on the outside of the tank so I always know what the temp is. Let's hope this works!! The little guy still hasn't moved. I did turn the light off as well and am trying to keep the dogs out of the room since they are loud. I do have to admit, it was very tempting at Petsmart to buy another betta. LOL
jacknchloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #12 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Oh yeah, it's VERY tempting....I have 19.haha :P I saw on your other thread that he died, I'm very sorry! He could've had a disease when you bought him.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #13 
BettaKeeper

Oh, sorry for your loss
BettaKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #14 
jacknchloe

Thank you! Now the other one that we also got from Petsmart yesterday is acting very lethargic. The water temp in 78-80 and he has been fed. I bought a new one tonight at Petco (Not Petsmart) and he is doing great. Could both fish from Petsmart been sick?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #15 
BettaxFishxCrazy

If they were brothers, it could be possible that it was something genetic. I bought three dragon bettas from a pet store that bought them from one breeder and two of them died. My third one wasn't doing good, so I put him in a tank with another betta and he's doing great. I think he was just depressed being by himself. If you have a spare tank, I would move him to that just in case he has something contagious.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #16 
jacknchloe

Unhappy

This is so frustrating!! Now the other one we bought yesterday died!! My husband took him out of the tank and is going to take him back to Petsmart. I just hope the one I bought today from Petco will do okay. He is a Halfmoon and was more expensive. Those of you that have alot of bettas, where do you keep them all? Do they have seperate tanks or are some in divided tanks? I really want to get a few more but am afraid of them dying. So confused!!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #17 
jacknchloe

And I dont think they could have been brothers because one was Crowntail and I think the other was veil.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #18 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Some of my tanks are divided and the other ones are separated. If you wanted, you could get a 5G and split it so they have 2.5Gs each or just keep your HM in the 2.5G by himself. I'm sorry about your husbands fish. I would do a 100% water change in the tank just in case he had something contagious, he won't give it to your new fish. IMO I think it would be best if you held off on getting more bettas until you get the hang of it. I don't mean any offense by it, I just think it would be better after losing two that you give all of your attention to one for now until you get it down.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #19 
jacknchloe

Ok...100% water change done. And divider taken out so he now has the whole tank to himself.