Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #11 
Chutney

I am getting supplies soon. I am not sure where to get baby brine shrimp or micro worms but I am going to put a half boiled potato in aquarium water to grow infusoria, will that work?
Chutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #12 
Chutney

So I decided to get one 2.5 gallon tank to see if my fish like it. None seemed comfortable in a bigger tank so I moved them back. I tried them each in it for a few hours so they weren't all just in there at once. I had Bandit and Cosmo in their one gallons and they seemed sick. They were not as colorful as usual and when I went to feed them they didn't do anything. I put Cosmo in my old half gallon and seemed very happy. I took him out and put Bandit in and he seemed much more calm so I went and bought a second half gallon and they are even more colorful and swim around more. Should I keep them in half gallons since they seem so happy?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #13 
Chutney

He seemed very happy and Neptune is in his one gallon now.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #14 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawx View Post
If you're new to bettas, I'd advise you to wait a little on breeding. :) I haven't done it, but it's expensive, time consuming, and takes a lotta betta knowledge. I'm sure you'll can it in no time, though.

Keep them happy by keeping them busy. Don't like give them a boring tank, each time you change the water, you could move some decorations around to mix it up for them. :) I do that for my boy, Wrigley, and he just patrols for a while and swims through the new decor! I also have a pet snail which he constantly is starting to harass, but that's besides the point.

These fish are seriously the bomb diggity, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. :D
+1
I don't breed because i love to rescue bettas from the store. But i still don't understand how can you breed in 2.5 gall tank?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #15 
Chutney

I'm not breeding in the two and a half gallon tank. I wanted to see if they were happier in it. Please read the posts more carefully.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #16 
Chutney

And I have experience in breeding by helping a friend I have just never done it. I helped raise fry.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #17 
Chutney

my new profile picture is of Neptune
Old 08-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #18 
Chutney

I will post Cosmo soon, get ready to vote!