Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #1 
KeshiaB

22 or 30 litre tank for single betta?

I'm looking to upgrade my betta tank from 5 litre to either a 22 or 30 litre. Which would be best for a single betta?

I will be cycling the new tank properly and of course upgrading to a larger heater and a sponge filter. The tank will also have gravel, artificial plants, a barrel cave and maybe a hammock. I'm looking at an Aquaworld glass 22 or a 30 litre tank, has anyone used these tanks?
KeshiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

No experience with those tanks, but generally when it come to tanks bigger is better.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #3 
KeshiaB

My thoughts, I suppose both suit, it depends on where I will put the tank. I'm leaning towards the 22 litre, I don't want to overwhelm the little guy with too much space! Also it will sit nicely on the cabinet I'm thinking of putting the tank on...
Old 08-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #4 
Ezzie

In regards to size i bought my betta a 26 liter tank and hes loving all the extra space! Just keep in mind they do appreciate more plants and cover if theres more space :)

Just remember the bigger the tank the more chances you can buy your betta some companions! I'm actually going to stock mine with some cherry shrimp (fingers crossed Milton doesn't eat them!)
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #5 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

If it is well planted/decorated, chances are he won't be overwhelmed by the space. Bettas look awesome in big tanks.

And, like Ezzie said, the bigger the tank the more opportunity there is for tankmates!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #6 
KeshiaB

That's true! What's a simple and budget friendly filter that I could use? I've looked into sponge filters but got a bit put off by all the extra tubing and pumps that you need with them! Is there a good internal power filter that suits bettas?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #7 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I like the aquaclear line of filters, but sponge filters are cheap and awesome. I have no experience with internal filters but some members do .
Old 08-30-2013, 03:26 AM   #8 
spyder221

im loving the interpet range the pf mini or pf 1 would be ok but the pf 1 has a spaybar and might need baffling
spyder221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #9 
Polkadot

I have my 3 little boys in a 30 litre tank each & they love it.I have found that size to be terrific in every way,for space,decorating,heating etc.Mine are the Aquatopia tanks,I love them.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote