Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #1 
chantellebetta

Cycling Fluval Chi - 5 Gal

I'm very new to this and all I have learnt is from online but I recently bought a Fluval Chi 25L / 5 gal and I plan to buy a betta..
I have put in bogwood which has been cleaned properly ( I bought from an aquarium shop). I boiled it to get the tannis out and then I attached Anubias and some Java ferns. It's been untouched for a week with the filter and lights running, I've noticed there are some bubbles laying on the top of the water, I dunno if these means it's getting there?
I put some Aqua Safe stuff in which is supposed to promote good bacteria and get rid of chlorine. I also added some aquarium plant food..

Can anyone tell me how long it I should wait?

chantellebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #2 
rickey
Banned

This will give you the basics of cycling an aquarium. There is a lot of info on getting started in the sticky of Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories

Rick
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #3 
chantellebetta

Thankyou this helps so much :)
Still worried about the bubbles though..
chantellebetta is offline   Reply With Quote